kmc 11sl chain with sram xx1

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Anybody using kmc 11sl chain with sram xx1 (1x11 speed) set up or heard of problems with it?
What concerns me is slotted side plates which will be less strong than solid plates and the larger chain angles when on the extreme gears on the cassette.

I have used X10SLs for a few years now and never had issues and I am not a light rider. Run them on SRAM or XT cassettes without issues and used a few different chainrings on them too..

Re x10sl, like you run them on numerous 3 x9 without any probs and never at extreme angles. Im probably heavier than you, its all muscle i tell ya!!!!
Ive read that the 11sl is same width internally as 10 spd but is slightly narrower by having thinner side plates = weaker. And also read that the xx1 (11 spd) cassette has same spacing as 10 spd, it accomodates the extra big sprocket by overhanging the hub by the spokes so should work with 10 spd chain..... but i may have misinterpreted that.

I'm using one on my XO1 DH set up with no problems. I doubt XO1 DH gets the exteme chainline angles you are talking about tho as the cassette is chopped down to 7spd.

Latest posts

Back