reba bushing replacement help/advice

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've accumulated a few sets of rebas I'm hoping to make a good set or two from. A task I need to tackle is replacing the upper bushings on a couple of sets, so looking for advice on how I can do this myself and also where to get bushings from. Anyone got any advice?

I emailed them about servicing a couple of sets and they failed to respond. How much does a service generally cost? I know I'll be needing a couple done. Does the price include return postage?

It cost about £115 all in. Seems a lot but it covers everything, they will collect and deliver back within 3 days if there's a slot available. I'm sure I could do it myself if I had to!
The website explains everything with an online form asking what type of riding you do, weight, bike etc.

Cheers, was hoping to rebuild them on a budget/myself, the bushings are the tricky part.

Bushing can be pulled out using a large washer with diameter larger than stanchions and with two parallel flats to slip through the bushing, then flipped so it can pull the bush out.

I made one for fox 32 mm forks.

Refitting new ones is a mystery as i have read conflicting info.
The one thay puzzles me is measuring clearance. The bushes have a split and the lowers are tapered so as you push them further down, the gap and inner diameter get smaller.

I may have info of another person who can service forks, even able to replace the stanchions.

Bushings are a little bit of a mystery I agree. I bought a set of lowers with brand new bushed fitted but man are they tight on the stanchions. They can't really be any higher in the lower legs as they would be sticking up, and I'd assume that the lower they are pushed in, the tighter they would get.

If you have any details on someone who could do the job and also replace a stanchion, I'd be interested as I have another set with a worn one that is very tidy aside from that.

Re:

The term you are looking for with the tight bushing is resizing.
Which could be fractionally moving it or maybe filing the back down a bit? Or swapping to some overall thinner/thicker bushing from the batches.

See

regensuspension.co.uk

Bought a set of fox forks on ebay that have both stanchions replaced and will be sending a pair to have one stanchion replaced, costs around £ 55.

I am not aware of anybody else offering this service other than selling a new csu.

Back