Why must tyres have huge branding on the sidewalls

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I know from a marketing point of view its good, but I does not fit with my new discrete build :?

I want some new tyres for the Mountain bike but don't want 2" high branding :!:

Good luck! Every new tyre seems to have branding all over it. Shame but seems inevitable these days.

superstu":28k8l3pr said:
Good luck! Every new tyre seems to have branding all over it. Shame but seems inevitable these days.

I am building a discrete bike but don't want Schwalbe Wetwang Willies all over the sidewalls :p

Just buy the tires you like and wash the logos off with acetone. Voila, a modern tire without garish branding.

Re:

I know, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

The newer tanwall/skiwall tyres from the likes of Charge/Onza would suit a couple of my bikes, were it not for the garish advertising all over the sidewalls :roll:

Does the acetone trick work well then?

Does the acetone trick work well then?

I've seen another tire tread, where somebody from this forum used acetone to remove a couple of letters from Schwalbe "something" tires so that it would spell something funny.
Forgot what it spelled but it seemed to have worked well. I mean it's paint printed on the sidewall so solvents should work on it.

Which tyre do you refer to?

I can only suggest that if the appearnce of tyre troubles you then you are missing the pount, the point being to ride the bike.

02gf74":2526jytf said:
Which tyre do you refer to?

I can only suggest that if the appearnce of tyre troubles you then you are missing the pount, the point being to ride the bike.

Just not one for huge Logo's and brand names :p

Like discrete things that all.

I don't want 2" writing on the downtube of my bike, Shimano all over the brakes and Schwalbe Rocket Ron written on the tyres :!:

Latest posts

Back