My 1999 Avanti/Cosmic F1 carbon frame.

Ropeadope

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
I really don't know the value.. It's one of only a handful made and I have yet to see one besides this for a price comparison.. and .. I understand that technology today is well beyond what this has to offer.. so to some.. it's junk.. to me.. It's kinda priceless. But Im going on vacation soon... sooo I am going to be putting this up on ebay in a couple days.. and it's only worth what someone will pay for it.. so I thought you guys might have some interest. Thanks for the add! This is best forum yet from what I can tell! .. and if you have anymore information on this model.. get at me!

http://imgur.com/a/Q5BrT

Selling a late 1999 "Avanti/Cosmic F1 Carbon frame." Researching the origins in 2013 it was a quoted as being only one of a handful made, rare to even see in person, and was told "you definitely have a piece of history." by Craig Murray (Avanti correspondence representative)

What I know to believe about it:
This was a leftover downhill racing frame licensed and built for team "Cosmic" out of Canada. It is brand new out of the box that it was originally shipped to Cosmic in and it has never been built, though it does have very light normal type wear from being handled over the years. It is one of the earlier Monocoque carbon design frames conceived. These were professionally ridden and raced by team Cosmic without any reported issues of durability or ride (per "Todd Thompson"/team member/original owner). From the research I have done I am understanding that these frames were designed and crafted in Italy, licensed and built by Avanti out of Auckland, NZ and Adelaide AU and equipped stock with Shimano XTR components with intentions of being used exclusively by team Cosmic.

The known dimensions: 26" wheel size, head tube/33mm, seat post/26mm, bottom bracket/67mm long. 4 lbs 3.5 oz Front suspension should be set up for 63-80mm of travel.

Thanks for checkin it out!

Back