marzocchi bomber z1 bam / 100mm - issues

dmdmdm

Retro Guru
Hey folks,

Recently gone a bit mad on buying 3 sets of bombers....Im waiting for 2 to arrive in the mail yet but the ones I've got have a bit of an issue...

The legs are yellow, marked 98, have z1 bam stickers and the stanchions are the gold alloy types, not the steel I thought 100mm ones were.

Can somebody tell me what these are?

The problem I'm having also, is about 80mm or so into the stroke, there is a *crunky* sound, and then the fork ramps up, getting it to pump through the last 1cm making another knocking sound.

I've only rode shiver sc's so dont know what to expect with these. Can somebody help me with the problem?

Also, I'm waiting on a 110 z1 and 130 z1 drop off...are the parts swappable? I'm hoping to get one decent fork and a spare from the three.

Dunno but i would suggest taking 'em apart, that may give more of a clue - could be really worn stanchions that are not visible fron outside, lack of oil etc

As far as I can remember, the Z1's all had gold ali stanchions. The silver stanchions were reserved for later cheaper forks (Z5's etc).

Not sure what that knocking sound could be. I'd get them stripped and rebuilt with some good quality oil (Motul stuff from motorbike shops is really, really good).

Back