Hope XC4 - removing pistons

slow_matt

Old School Hero
Hello,

I'm really stuck trying to get the pistons out. I can only think the must be a special tool for getting these suckers out. Now the rub is I'm supposed to be on a ride on Wednesday evening. So if any one can offer a hand in Norwich to remove them/or just advice using items found in most households I'd appreciate it.

So far I've tried.

Overfilling the system to pop them out.

Attaching my track pump to the bleed nipple.

Circlip pliers on the back of the pad (shit pliers).

A weak magnet.

Cheers,

Matt

I thought so as well, pistons do all move fine but the but it impossible to get any purchase on them. Is there a tool for it?

By back of pad I meant back of piston, doh!

Apologies if my questions are kind of basic. Have you seperated the caliper halves? For my DH4s I used a track pump attached to a small piece of tubing inserted in the hose hole with the bleed nipple closed. That'll get at least one of the pistons out. The other was more difficult and is really a 2 person job in my experience. My eureka moment was when I found I probably shouldn't "lock" the tubing into the track pump.

valve bouncer":3882im82 said:
Apologies if my questions are kind of basic. Have you seperated the caliper halves? For my DH4s I used a track pump attached to a small piece of tubing inserted in the hose hole with the bleed nipple closed. That'll get at least one of the pistons out. The other was more difficult and is really a 2 person job in my experience. My eureka moment was when I found I probably shouldn't "lock" the tubing into the track pump.

Cheers, so the track pump must find a way of getting attached. I tried a 1 person method, now I'll have Mrs s_m involved.

Latest posts

Back