Litespeed disc brake adapter

nik_h

Devout Dirtbag
One of threads in my Litespeed disc brake adapter (for a 2004 Pisgah, but i think the adapter fits all Litespeed frames) has mysteriously stripped itself. Does anyone know where I can get a new one in the UK? I can buy direct from Litespeed in the US, http://litespeed.shptron.com/p/disc-brake-adapter?pp=12, but I need it for a race next weekend. If anyone has one to sell then I'd be very interested!

Cheers,

Nik

image in link is too small for me to see what is going on.

suggestions in order of cost/difficulty (a quick look shows Ti adapter to be quite £££ )
can you fit a bolt and nut?

is there enough metal for a heli-coil?

is the adapter Ti - so can you get welder to fill in the hole and retap?

Cheers for the help. The adapter is aluminium and it's a blind hole, so no room for a nut. Will give a helicoil a shot if I can get my hands on one in time. I got a response from Litespeed and they don't think anyone holds stock in the UK, so I'll order one from the US, but imagine it will take a couple of weeks to arrive.

Nik

I bought one of these for my 2000 Unicoi.
Delivery to NZ took less than a week so I expect you might get it in the UK quicker.

Good luck

Re:

Ordered the adapter from Tennessee on Monday, got here to Glasgow today (Friday). Pretty good going I'd say. But the price, postage and customs were eye-watering. Probably gram-for-gram the most expensive thing I've ever bought!

Nik

Latest posts

Back