Cannondale F900sx + Hope Mini = ????

Bedsitbreaks

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hello,
Been servicing a friends very well used Cannondale F900sx and come up against a problem to do with how the rear Hope Mini caliper attaches to the frame, the previous owners seems to have packed it out with a load of washers (see pics below), is this correct? The old 140mm disc was warped badly and 1 pad was worn to the metal so its definitely not on straight but I cant find mention of an adapter anywhere.
Hope some one can offer a solution.
Cheers for now,
Brooksie.

http://s514.photobucket.com/user/lupinn ... Cannondale

there is no adaptor. You have to use shims, though not normally that many. :shock:

you mention one pad worn badly - perhaps piston is stuck on one side ?

should be able to get spares for hope caliper easily enough

Cool, cheers bud, thank you for answering :D
I'd found spacers advertised on ebay in various thickness's but thought they looked a bit of a bodge to be honest.... guess they'l have to do.
Both pistons seem move fine after a strip and rebuild, think it mite be the brake mounts, the bolts seem to move as there tightened like the washers/spacers/shims have caused a groove........
oh well, more work :roll:
(love it really but its holding up the other projects!!)
:D

The spacers are not a bodge. It's how the IS mount Hopes (and other IS calipers) were aligned.

The number of shims being used doesn't look anything out of the ordinary either. I used more than that on my 456 Carbon with the same brakes.

If the bolt head has made an indentation in the caliper mount, then I'd probably file the mount down slightly (on the bolt head side) so that it's flush again, just to ensure that the caliper lines up correctly with the rotor.

Nice 1 Barneybalbags,
I think i was expecting there to be some sort of machined bracket between the frame and the caliper not a load of spacers, but if that dosnt look to many, il keep it like that (plus iv found a pic of the exact same bike on line from a while back with the same set up on the rear caliper).
Both sides of the caliper mount have heavy grooving, going to borrow a friends facing tool to get both sides perfectly flat, should do the trick then ready to ride :D

Back