Sinvle crown Shiver questions

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Just a couple questions about my SC Shivers.
On the top of the left leg they have 2 adjusters, 1 is a kind of oval adjuster and the one on top is a lever. On the right leg there is the same oval type adjuster and in the middle something that is similar to a grub screw . Can someone tell me what they do?
Did they share springs with any other forks? I need a heavier spring.

Can you post up a picture?

The grub screw is for your rebound and the oval adjusters are your preload. I think the lever maya be for some form of ETA or ECC which reduces the travel for climbs but I don't remember the Shivers ever having this fitted.

Hard to get a pic where the bike is, best I could do.
It seems when you flick the lever and push down the suspension almost bottoms out and stays there.

Any idea what springs fit in them? Or are the springs a SC Shiver thing?

Attachments

• IMG_20140102_204435.jpg
    IMG_20140102_204435.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 383
That is an ECC system them - the reduction in travel is to help on climbs etc. The other side will be your rebound (grub screw) and the two black adjusters are your preload.

They do use srpings, but I am not sure if they share these with any other Marzocchis. I looked into buying some Shivers but the stanchion guards were missing and I couldn't find them anywhere. Shiver specific spares are like rocking horse poo unfortunately.

At a guess, I would say that they have the medium spring as stock. I know that in the UK you can still get spring kits for the older 100 and 130mm forks up to 2003 but I don't know if these will fit the Shiver.

Mindmap3":hplvjlh6 said:
They do use srpings, but I am not sure if they share these with any other Marzocchis. I looked into buying some Shivers but the stanchion guards were missing and I couldn't find them anywhere. Shiver specific spares are like rocking horse poo unfortunately.

Last I checked you can still get stanchion guards from HiBike in Germany.

Back