Hope Hub Spacer - Help please! :-)

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just a quick question.

Can I get an axle spacer for the non-drive side of my rear hub (Hope Pro 3 SP)..? My back wheel is sitting a couple of mm off centre in my STS.

I don't really want to have the wheel re-dished, and I'm 99% certain that the frame is true (the wheel is off centre by the same amount both through the chainstays and the seatstays so I've ruled out either of them being bent, unless they both are!). I wondered whether I could fit a spacer to the non-drive side which would push the wheel over the couple off mm that I need.

To be honest, it's not really an issue how it is at the moment, it just bugs me and I'd like to at least try to sort it out.

Have you tried another wheel in the frame first to check?

Personally, I'd just get the wheel dished to suit the frame because I'm lazy. I also don't think there is a spacer you could put in here unless you bodge it.

Reverse the wheel (LtoR) and see if it's still offset by the same amount on the same side - if it is, then the frame is out of alignment, if the offset is now on the other side then dishing is out.

Andy R":4gwcielb said:
Reverse the wheel (LtoR) and see if it's still offset by the same amount on the same side - if it is, then the frame is out of alignment, if the offset is now on the other side then dishing is out.

Why didn't I think of that!!! :oops: :oops:

Guess what I'll be doing as soon as I get home :D

Back