1998 Specialized FSR Shaun Palmer Edition

heavyp

Retro Guru
main.php

Just curious if anyone on here has one tucked away that they bring out the cupboard every 6 months for a polish only to be put in again and that will go to there grave with them ? haha

Not to sure how many were made I do remember seeing a few more pics in mags about the time when they come out but thats about it, be good to hear some stories if there are any.

Never seen one before, but it looks pretty much the same as an Elite, but it has longer travel, and what looks like a different rear link to mount the longer travel rear shock onto.

Pretty sure these are just an FSR DH with a nice paint job.

However, I don't think that they sold many of either so they are pretty hard to come by.

Now that is truly lovely...I'd love to get my hands on one of them but they don't come up for sale very often. They still look good today.

Mindmap3":3f8qsh9l said:
Pretty sure these are just an FSR DH with a nice paint job.

However, I don't think that they sold many of either so they are pretty hard to come by.

Its not an FSR DH.

I started the post as the pic was from 1998 and there are a few other pics of the actual bikes that were for sale (In a few mags) it was very very limited i'm pretty sure and they cost a fair bit too, I could of swore some got sold to the public.

I remember the frame being in the mags at the time and being pretty damn expensive for that time however I have never seen one in the flesh or actually being ridden. I've never seen one for sale either, although the later white ones crop up every now and then.

Hidden Jitsu":4h55jxym said:
Yep That is just a specialized FSR elite
here is a genuine Palmer fsr

I understand that its just an elite but it was there first labeled dh bike for the public im pretty sure based off this.
main.php

How amazing is this pic, not to sure how many of you follow the dh scene still but this image does not look out of place today.

this is his 1998 worlds bike
main.php

And then this is his 1999 worlds bike the FSR DH they are beautiful
main.php

Looks like they have specialized big hit rear end too.

Also when and if one does turn up expect to pay mega bucks
as one popped up on ebay immacdulate full race spec and went for
over 3k if i remember right.
Also a guy on SDH had one from new and cracked it about 1 year ago
and because he was the original owner with the receipt ,when it cracked
specialzied gave him a new demo frame but specialized had too keep the
FSR.
Just shows how much trust they had in that frame to give a life time warranty
on it.
Especially an alloy frame.
WOW! I want one

Hidden Jitsu":1r1y2tlo said:
Also a guy on SDH had one from new and cracked it about 1 year ago
and because he was the original owner with the receipt ,when it cracked
specialzied gave him a new demo frame but specialized had too keep the
FSR.
Just shows how much trust they had in that frame to give a life time warranty
on it.
Especially an alloy frame.
WOW! I want one

Amazing, got a link for this? would love to read about it.

If the big hit rear end fits on ok, could be an avenue for people wanting a rear disc mount ?

Back