Shimano disc pads

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Anyone got any recommendations for pads for XT M775 shimano discs.
I've just bought a bike that has these fitted, and by golly they're rubbish!
Tips for improvement would be gratefully received.
Ta.

The stock Shimano sintered ones are really good. Mine have always lasted me ages and given good power and bite.

Brake Authority sintered are pretty good, mind you if you've got the readies Swiss stop pads are the hounds rounds.

I gave up trying to quiten my XTR's, fixed the problem with Clarks organic pads at less than £5 per wheel from CRC and with no drop off in performance.

Sorted! I went with Shimano resins since they were the only ones they had, and I wanted to get out and about.
They did their best to bite but the front lever was so spongey, despite two bleeds, that I couldn't really tell. The rear would lock up the wheel at will, but the front was cack.
I was resigned to bleeding again, but having seen the Shimano vids on bleeding and adjustment, I was look,ing for the bite point adjuster on the XTR levers. I noticed the piston rod circlip was loose, so refitted it, and the sponge is gone!
I'll see how they are tomorrow...

and take your discs off and run a file criss cross over them (mx style)............no pad works well on a polished mirror finish. We used to do this all the time for customers.....stops any squeel too

Back