Bike insurance

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just got a quote from British cycling to insure my 2012 Orange 5 , even with a 10% discount it came in at £299 for the year

I find this a little high to say the least

Anyone got sensible bike insurance , if so where from ?

Check on adding it to your Building and Contents insurance, I have both my bikes covered for £2K each and the premium was only fractionally more than usual..

Obviously only covers if it is stolen from home/garage/shed though, but who leaves expensive bikes locked up around town these days?

Mine used to be covered within the house insurance BUT only because when I took the policy out I asked, does it cover bikes, upto what cost, how does it cover them and what are the exsclusions.

The only time I've taken out bike specific insurance is when I have travelled with a bike.

stevec1975":3faksztn said:
Check on adding it to your Building and Contents insurance, I have both my bikes covered for £2K each and the premium was only fractionally more than usual..

Obviously only covers if it is stolen from home/garage/shed though, but who leaves expensive bikes locked up around town these days?
lately im reading far to many stories of bikes being taken from right under the owners nose. while out on a ride, stretching lgs, having a cuppa etc. especially at known MTB hangouts.
so you dont need to lock it up in town to have it stolen anymore.
what is really needed, and is unpopular among many, is a right good thrashing, preferably with broken or missing limbs/ digits of every little scrote that is caught red handed trying to steal them.
guess thats me out of the running for PM.

Back