Something's wrong here.......

michael franks

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Did a double take when I saw this today. Strange thing is that the rest of the bike (apart from the downward facing back light) seems to be well sorted.

Image0027.jpg

Image0028.jpg

It looks as if it's been deliberately set up that way :shock:
I don't get it but then what do I know.

There are heaps of asians getting around Christchurch with the forks on the wrong way! :LOL:

I think some folk do actually reverse the forks deliberately, I enquired once and the reply was "what's the difference?" :roll: :LOL:

jimo746":2le5nhtm said:
I think some folk do actually reverse the forks deliberately, I enquired once and the reply was "what's the difference?" :roll: :LOL:

It's a modern so it wont make any difference :LOL: :LOL:

I think it comes from when the bikes are boxed up. They turn the forks around to make the box smaller, and then your average Joe just puts the bars straight and tightens them up.

A friend down the road bought his daughter a bike for her 6th birthday a week or two ago, and the first time I saw her ride past the house I had to stop her and get an allen key out the garage. Two minutes later the forks were the right way around. :roll:

ooh pooh I know what it is. it's got a bell on!!!

the front skewer doesn't look too clever either.

It's a pretty simple mistake, and something that's been going on for as long as Pace started the 'fork brace bolted on backwards' style. Those not in the know just assume the fork brace should be at the front, perhaps looking at other bikes to see how it should look.

Back