FTW Mategua 29er

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here is my baby, a mix of old (xt thumbies, AC cranks) and new (all the rest), handmade by Frank The Welder in 29er fashion. LUV!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ftw forum.JPG
    ftw forum.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 391
I spent lots of time fondling those things before they went into the crate. Totally awesome.

Care to fill us in on that fork?

Hi... yes, you anf Frank did a really good job

German A Kilo: an uberlight linkage fork. As it is, it weights about 1350 grams, but you can get a lighter shock (this one is without weight limitations) and carbon legs and steerer. The lightest model is slightly above 1100 grams. It works very well, but it's stiffer than a telescopic unit; German A makes a "normal" fork (which is quite light as well), the Excite, for those who want a more supple feel. The Kilo is very race oriented, it has a sort of mechanic lockout, so it neither bobs when pedaling nor it dives under braking. The lockout lever is pretty useless, it just slows the rebound ... It tracks very well, being it laterally very stiff. Travel is 90 mm.

I also think it suits my FTW very well.

I'm quite fond about the particular geometry. It has a much longe rhead tube than a conventional 29er. They usually come in the 10 cm range on 29ers, with very short stems. As it is, it allows for good control and a comfortable position. With a 10 cm ht i should have used riser bars. Frank told me short headtubes are more prone to cracking...

Back