Marin East Peak/Rock Springs/etc

reptile smile

Devout Dirtbag
The old(ish)-school Marin's - how feasible is it to swap out the rear shock for a Fox air unit or other some-such? Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on them they'd like to share?

My missus is away for ten days, and having just dipped my toe into the waters of doing my first build, I'm bitten. I don't want to get rid of my hardtail - I love it, I haven't finished it, and besides anything it's the perfect commuter for me ATM.

So I was thinking I could build up a Marin, keep one set of wheels swapped between the two so that it takes up less room, and then turn our spare room that the lodger's about to move out of into a sort or bike/garage/workshop.

My missus doesn't know anything about this. If there's radio silence in ten day's time, will someone please notify the police and come looking for me?

reptile smile":1y97n1l4 said:
My missus doesn't know anything about this. If there's radio silence in ten day's time, will someone please notify the police and come looking for me?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can't see a problem with changing the shock as long as you get the same length, stroke rate etc.

As above, it's no problem as long as you get the same measurements in the new shock.

Also bear in mind if you go for an air shock you will need to budget for a dscent shock pump too.

Back