68X110 Bottom Bracket ISIS?

twistywizard

Dirt Disciple
I am in the process of removing all my kit from one frame and moving to another (Santa Cruz Heckler)

I have a decent Race Face Prodigy XC Chainset. MY problem is the Santa Cruz has a 68X110 Square taper BB where as the Race Face chainset is ISIS :(

I cannot find for love nor money a 110mm ISIS BB so I assume they do not exist. I can only find 108,113,118

Can I use a different spindle length and get away with it? Or is it a case of just having to buy a new chainset and flog the RF ones?

Any advice would be great

What size is on the current bike - if it the same shell size (68mm, not 73mm) it would be worth checking whether that would fit. It will all depend on whether the cranks run happy - first point - do they clear the chain stays etc. after it will just be adjustment for perfect chainline.

I believe it is a 68mm not sure of spindle length.

I will give it a bash, I assume adjustment for chain line will come from the Mech?

The bb tends to be specific to the crankset, not the frame. ISIS will work in most cases as 68/113 or if you have a 73mm shell, go for a 118.
99% sure that will work for you on the Heckler.

ps, you're right, there is no 110mm.

Cheers for the help guys, well I have put the BB in and mounted the crankset it does not foul on anything. Until I get everything mounted though I will not know for sure I guess.

But sounds like it should :)

Latest posts

Back