99 sunn enduro returns after 4 years

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
In 2014 I was on eBay one night and placed a whimsical bit on a sunn enduro. Forgot about it then got a ping two days later, I'd won.

A short trip to Northwich and £30 later I was on my way home. Mostly original with all the rudd stuff still present. Anyway just needed a little bit of fettling and a clean and headed out on it.

Quite a nice ride to be fair as youd expect with Fuji tubing and a nice geometry. Think I used it for 3 months then other builds and ideas saw it standing for a while so I let it go to give me some space along with a few others.

Today I dropped into my mate 2nd hand bike shop and he couldn't wait to show me what had come in through the week while I at work myself.
There it was, my old sunn. Some idiot had covered it in about 15 rolls of different coloured insulation tape and the seat post was stuck but everything is still there.

Tonight I've been trying to find info on it through the archives and manufacturers brochures on here but have found very little out about them. So if you know anything of sunn bikes from this era I would be very grateful if you could post up

Thanks Rich

Re:

Thanks for posting up tufty

I can't believe what's happened this week! Not only have I got my enduro back but another prodical sunn has also returned.
Before I originally had the enduro I had a sunn tox. It was the first bike I ever won on eBay quite some time ago.

When I got this it was covered in tiny specs of rust all over the chrome which I pecked off with my thumb nail then used autosol all over to get it back blinging. A friend of mine who's business is vinyl lettering did my all the new decals so I could finish it off and in the end it looked mint.

As you may know we all buy to many bikes with our addiction so a bit later on I sold it on eBay. The guy who won it only lived 13 miles from me so I told him enjoy it but if you ever want to get rid I will buy it back!!
With me getting the enduro back I started to search on gumtree for sunn bikes. There were only seven on the page and the last one was my old tox! I sent the guy an email and picked it back up Saturday just gone.

It looked like he had only used it 10x in 5 years and all it needs is some new tyres and that's it. Call it fate or whatever I'm stoked I've got my two old sunns back!! :D :D

Back