Marzocchi Super Monster

valve bouncer

Retro Guru
Unconventional I know but these so rarely pop-up for sale that someone might want to move heaven and earth to get it. Please note the following link takes you to a page that is in Japanese.
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d180067335
The blurb says (pastel green part below the last pic)
"Marzocchi Supermonster
Thank you for looking.
Marzocchi SuperMonster, 300mm stroke
Unused, been in long term storage.
Has a few marks and the stickers are damaged a little.
No oil leaking.
Tyre size is 26 inch.
Oversize steerer.
Weight 5.8kg
2004 model.
Cost 300,000 yen when first bought.
A very rare item. A chance not to be missed
No returns on this item"

The rest of the blurb is about payment options and shipping. In the headline the seller describes it as "new" or "new goods in long term storage" which is basically NOS. Auction runs until Monday night Japan time (GMT+9) with a starting price of 100,000 yen (550GBP) with a reserve. Seller says he will not ship internationally but this is the default option in Yahoo Japan Auctions not a hard and fast rule. Item location is Sapporo city, Hokkaido, Japan.

Please note this is not my item and I have no connection with the seller. Just thought it may be of interest to some users here. I have never seen one for sale in the auctions here.

Re:

Nice... But 5.8KG! that's 12.8lbs to us old schoolers :shock:

You'd need 12" of travel with that much weight up front, Damn!

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":3n2z1juy said:
Nice... But 5.8KG! that's 12.8lbs to us old schoolers :shock:

You'd need 12" of travel with that much weight up front, Damn!
Too right KF, these are an exercise in "can we do it" not "should we do it". That being said, I believe a lot of these are being bought by people who are building up electric, hybrid or otherwise lightweight motorcycles.

Latest posts

Back