eBay U.S.A. Kona Explosif Scandium 17 frame

That is a rare. Shame it's the wrong frame material ;-) Is it a 2000 model? Some of those photo's are brilliant.

al-onestare":1dvs42py said:
That is a rare. Shame it's the wrong frame material ;-) Is it a 2000 model? Some of those photo's are brilliant.

:cool: nice though

Ernie ;)

al-onestare":18b7a1ua said:
Crazy price though.

:? yeah..hard to gauge..they are not in abundance..time will tell..no bids as yet :|

Ernie ;)

Haven't seen one of these up for sale for at least a year and they're basically never in the UK. It would be interesting to know how many Kona sold in 2000, I seem to remember that they were more expensive than the Kula (circa £2K) and only a couple of steps down from the KK and Score. There's a guy on here who has one, but I've never seen one in the flesh. If this was a 19 and in the UK I'd be selling a lot of stuff to get it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The Explosif seems to be correctly listed as a 19” frame, but do we agree that the Kula is 17”?

I can’t tell without seeing it straight on from the side. Both the 17” and 18” frames share the same 110mm Headtube, so I’m not sure of any other method of confirming.

I have in the past tried saving a picture on a photo editor and resizing until you get a known length of something like Axle to Brake Boss, then measuring the Seat Tube.

Pip.

Latest posts

Back