Ragleyti 29er

What's the deal with Ragley? They seem to have a reverence about them and I don't know why.

Please tell me and maybe I'll want one too! :)

Dave_H":2jm4vzzo said:
What's the deal with Ragley? They seem to have a reverence about them and I don't know why.

Please tell me and maybe I'll want one too! :)

Really can't tell you anything about them, just thought that a Lynskey made ti frame for £500 was fair.

Ride one and maybe you'll get it too.

I once rode a Ragley loan bike in Scotland. Unfamiliar (to me) trails, in a wet night ride, on a Medium where I usually am L/XL. I loved it to bits, felt right at home confidence growing als the ride progressed. Credit to the build too, I guess.

Good bikes at fair prices with a UK trails bias to the design, what is not to like? Oh and I happen to get along very well with their Carnegie's bar, YMMV.

Enjoy!!

Im beginning to lean towards getting one
Have to complete and sell the current project to pay for such a thing
But yummy :D

They were ok if you was lucky enough to get one with a round head tube, also the correct size seatpost, they ended up making there own seatpost 0.1mm bigger because they got messed up.
I got 2 bluepig frames sent through both with oval headtubes, also my mate got the Ti version and that had to go back because the seattube was reemed out too much and the seatpost kept falling down.
Made cheap in a Tiawanese crap hole if i remember rightly.
Oh then there was the thing with the Ragley Troof..... Was due out January 2010, eventualy turned up at CRC in September, due to 8 QC problems, frames welded on the piss, paint problems, and again the headsets being oval, plus many many more problems.
Cheap crap frames as far as i'm concerned, Brant may of had god ideas such as slack angled headtubes with a steep seatpost for great uphilling, but it ends there for me.
Just ask Giant-one about Ragley too.

Back