'94 explosif

No, 94.

Won't post, in Glossop, seat post looks firmly stuck, considering the top has been broken off it and a question about it was not answered.

mtbfix":1ncpi4xr said:
In all fairness to the seller, the seatpost is mentioned in the product description.
Agreed, but do you not think that the fact that the top has been broken off it and a question about it was not answered might indicate that quite a bit of effort has already been made to shift it, without success?

All seat posts will move eventually of course, fine frame otherwise.

having thought about it, not sure why youd be selling all the other parts if you just wanted shot of a knackered frame. is there an easy way to shift them?
you would imagine they tried to use the post clamp loosen it but it broke off. or theres been a nasty accident and the post is a bit bent/wedged. worst case you would have to get it milled out?
but almost 700 views so doesnt look likely to be super cheap.

It takes all sorts, some people just can't be bothered. I advised him/her to split it into six lots. The ti bars alone would fetch £30+, the Contis another £30+, original wheels etc. Easy to post that way too, but they weren't having any of it.

He has sent me pics of the post area and an oversize post has been 'hammered' in. I'm sure it could be removed (somehow!) but obviously damage to the seat tube. I was thinking of bidding myself and taking on as a project.

Currently going through various methods to try and remove the seatpost from an Orange clockwork. I have tried pulling it, pushing it using an expanding bolt, cooling the post it really isnt easy! and I am not sure i'll be able to do it.

That said if I am succesfull, odds are i'll be going in big on this one and hoping the Orange experience pays off twice.

JeRkY":2ifyzjkc said:
Currently going through various methods to try and remove the seatpost from an Orange clockwork. I have tried pulling it, pushing it using an expanding bolt, cooling the post it really isnt easy! and I am not sure i'll be able to do it.

That said if I am succesfull, odds are i'll be going in big on this one and hoping the Orange experience pays off twice.

You've probably seen this, but just in case...

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/stuck-seatposts.html

Latest posts

Back