1994 Kona Explosif 19" - Southampton

Genuine question: what were 1994-1997 Explosif riders doing that other Kona riders were not?

(I know the answer is wafer-thin top tubes but humour me)

al-onestare":1mx80cr4 said:
Genuine question: what were 1994-1997 Explosif riders doing that other Kona riders were not?

Presumably riding a well capable Kona frame, but on hilariously named, although poorly performing Kona tyres;

A:\ Drive & B:\ Drive.
Mr. Dirt & The Cleaner.
Scratch & Sniff.

Ooops, too fast round the bend for that rubber..... and a Brake Lever / Top Tube interface wipe out :facepalm: .

Pip

al-onestare":18h0vk20 said:

Riding with their brake levers lower down in the 'Attack' riding position, you fall off causing the bars to spin round and the brake lever hit's the frame top tube.

I want to say 'Simples' but only w@nkers say that so i'll refrain.

It's one of the first things I do after setting my brake lever angle, check to see if the buggers hit the top tube, id rather be a bit uncomfortable with the lever than write off my frame :)

Re:

(Goes to check the brake lever angle on the bikes).

Shit.

Doesn’t change them as remembers the only frame to suffer a dent was from hitting a tree stump, which dented him too.

Pride hurt again after 25 year absence through controlled ignorance, goes to look at sales adverts for tree surgeon services.

Latest posts

Back