Gary fisher klunker

now thats history :)
Ideal for bombing down loose-surfaced tracks

Ive never seen one for sale before, dont know where to value it, but it strikes me as a fair price. Hope someone uses it.

My German isn't too hot but does he make it clear this was the cheap re-make?

Bit cheeky using the museum shot and then lots of distant shots of the item your bidding on....

ah, hadnt spotted that, its a copy.
A real one would have had a hard life, be battered, near-scrap. It wouldnt have the silly explanation stickers.
buyer beware etc.

I still hope someone uses it for bombing downhill, taking corners speedway-style.

gil_m":3m7jobgb said:
My German isn't too hot but does he make it clear this was the cheap re-make?

Bit cheeky using the museum shot and then lots of distant shots of the item your bidding on....

Thank you for warning us!

But the German seller clearly Points out in the Headline "Neuauflage 1994", that means "reproduction from 1994" - so the seller is Kind of true, isn´t he?

As I live not far away from the seller and thinking about to buy it, could you please tell me what´s wrong with this rebuilt/reproduction, that I should not buy it?
Who and when has reproduced those Klunkers?

Due to the condition Pictures of the bike it rather Looks like to be from 1974 instead of 1994... ;-) I don´t know, how to treat a bike that it Looks like 20 years older than it really is!? Or was it rebuilt in this rusty look for be more genuine condition style!?

Regards from Bavaria, Munich side....

I see no reason not to buy it if you want it. Value it where you will.
It may have been a very expensive re-make ?
Ive no idea who made these, whether or not is a one-off, or many were made, whether they were made from older bikes or were new copies.
IF it were one of the few originals that started mountain biking it would have tremndous history and probably be highly sought after. Either that or broken up, melted down and turned into a thousand chinese gadgets.

Buy it for what it is, not what it isnt. Take it out and enjoy it.

Back