Early Voodoo Erzulie with fork, cheap.

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Early Voodoo Bizango with fork, cheap.

that's the one, thank you.

Re: Early Voodoo Bizango with fork, cheap.

Seller hasnt stated he will post to UK and new eBay policies stop people contacting him :roll:

Re:

Cheap..? It's a Taiwanese steel frame; it's nice, but it's not cheap..

You can contact the seller about postage though - just 'ask a question' about postage; scroll down to 'Contact the Seller' and presto - almost all all eBay listings are the same.

Wheres most of it made....?

£160 frame fork headset and bottom bracket.

Re: Re:

Osella":zp6aee6v said:

You can contact the seller about postage though - just 'ask a question' about postage; scroll down to 'Contact the Seller' and presto - almost all all eBay listings are the same.

Don't quote me on this but if you're not based in the same country as the seller and they won't ship outside the host country, you can't even ask questions to the seller.

I had this issue recently with a US purchase.

al-onestare":sj2chw0v said:
Don't quote me on this but if you're not based in the same country as the seller and they won't ship outside the host country, you can't even ask questions to the seller.

I had this issue recently with a US purchase.

Ironically enough, I am quoting you, however.. ;) I'm not in the US and I can ask questions on this listing.. There may be other factors in play though, like feedback, incomplete purchases/sales etc etc that sellers can use to block various bidders, based on a myriad of factors (including whether your PayPal account is linked to your bank account, whether you have a credit card, whether you have more than on listed address etc); so it might not be that (in this case) it's a country restriction, but could be one of the 1001 other things sellers can restrict that stops people asking questions. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear on this specific auction that being a non-US buyer or an eBay policy is preventing 'people' from asking questions to the seller.

To the auction: I like Voodoos, and used to have an Erzulie; but for me £160 for their base-level actually hefty (2.68kg for a 17.5") frame with a set of possibly-collapsed (visually) Judy's, plus shipping/postage and possibly new decals, doesn't scream cheap.

Considering that there's a set of Marzocchi DH3's out there with threadless steerer for £25 and you can pick up a Saracen or Orange Taiwan-steel frame for about the same (or just get a Dyna-Tech); you'd have yourself a lighter, more responsive F&F package for about half the price; even with a sealed-bearing headset.
Voodoos by and large are nice, and ride great, but the Erzulie is not their finest hour, and nothing particularly special to say that price is "cheap" IMO.

Osella":3vxrej5s said:

EBay introduced the restrictions a while back. If the seller doesn't specify a country for postage then people from that country can not contact them! It was introduced as businesses kept receiving requests from buyers outside the country for postage, and resulted in too many claims/complaints.
I have been trading on eBay for many years, but thank you anyway for your help :roll:

I can send them a message. I have a U.S. address as one of my postal addresses but it isn't the default. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Latest posts

Back