1993 GT Karakoram 20" Brand new! £100 BIN

He bought it from me. I think if I remember right I sold it for $130. Nice frame. Has the groove tube for the rear brake and downtube routing for the derailleur wires. Black Light color.

Attachments

• 93top tube.jpg
    93top tube.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,202
  • DSC07403.JPG
    DSC07403.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,202
gm1230126":32f5reio said:
He bought it from me. I think if I remember right I sold it for $130. Nice frame. Has the groove tube for the rear brake and downtube routing for the derailleur wires. Black Light color.

Hi GM

I've just found this thread on my Karakoram!

I bought it on bit of a whim and didnt end up doing anything with it for awhile hence the sale.
It has now however been nitromorsed ready for re-coating-there were one or two paint chips picked up whilst in my storage, also the paint was really brittle and chipped easily.

When I started stripping the paint there was only one layer-no primer/base which I maybe expected?
A lot of the components of the frame are brazed; for example the dropouts, the chain&seatstay bridges, and the seattube/toptube piercing as well as the standard braze on fittings.

Would this frame have been a proto/initial trial batch? Or is it the same production methods as any GT from the era?

Regards.

Typical construction for GT frames from the era. I think that frame was built in Taiwan and probably at Taioku hence the serial number starting with a T.
Most bikes have brazed dropouts.

Back