Team Marin £150 BIN

Seller's been trying to get rid of this for ages at a higher price. Seem to remember there being a debate about if it actually was a Team or not. Think we decided not.

ah yes, seen this on ebay for what seems like years. NOT a team, some decent parts cobbled together but...not a team.

With the front cable stops on the downtube and not the headtube, it could be anything from a pine mountain to muirwoods.
year? no idea without serial number.

model? see above, has '94 decals though.

frame material? NOT the claimed triple butted prestige. the badge has been transplanted( badly ) from a team and in the wrong place :roll:

I can't and, we shouldn't knock the auction for item or price but, I would sleep better if they would remove the whole 'team marin' thing, it isnt. Now, words are just words but some poor sucker may buy that believing it's a team. The seller will gain more cred, and maybe a sale if the description gets changed to "I don't know the actual model, year etc, but otherwise a bargian is good working order etc...."

You see, i gather the seller is fed up with emails running down the item but you have to take the hint, at some point. :?

Thought it looked familiar and think I do now recall it along with the questions about it's authenticity. Probably seen it so many times on ebay starting to think there is such a thing as a yellow team marin.....

I asked the seller about this one a few months back...asked about serial number and was told that when the "respray" happened it filled in the serial number!! Hmmm... When I said how can you be sure its a Team, the seller got nasty so I dropped it like a hot pomme de terre!

Latest posts

Back