s bike nottinghamshire

Ermm ...

Despite the 95% originality claim, that's nowhere near original.

Original has XT cantilevers all round, this has V-brakes at the front, which means it either has different levers on the handlebar, levers that are compatible with both systems or a very bad feel in the front brake.
Original has an XT M735 rear mech, this one hasn't. Looks more like a SIS or an Alivio to me.
Original has either a Flite Ti, a Turbomatic or a Vetta TT. This has your average comfy saddle.
Original has an Sbike Alu stem, this one has a Club Roost I beam.
Original has Ambrosio CC22 Competition rims on XT hubs, this one has Mavics on LX.
Original has an Sbike 31.8 handlebar, this one has a 25.4 handlaber.

I could go on a little while longer, but I think you get the point. In fact the only original parts I see are the frame, fork, headset, crankset, front mech, pedals and rear cantilevers. The rest is just a mash-up of parts, as if it was built purely with the intention of selling.

As for the 16lbs claim, my 728 clocked in at 26.6lbs (12.0kg) in 99% original spec (I had a Panaracer Smoke on the front instead of a Dart). Even a full XTR M900-equipped Sbike 729 weighs 24.2lbs (11.0kg).
I reckon the seller made a typo. He must have meant to write "26 lbs" instead of 16. I reckon even the most crazy Weight Weenie wouldn't get an alu Sbike that light without drilling holes in the frame.

I won't mind taking him up on his challenge to find any other bike in this good a condition either. That one looks like it's had a rough life. There are a few here and on Melivelo that are in much better shape.

EDIT : That being said, the last time that this combination of frame and fork came up for sale, it fetched £350+ for F+F alone. It's also been a while since one of these came up for sale.
If he had advertised it properly (without the space between "S" and "Bike"), I'm pretty sure it would fetch anywhere between £400 anf £500. Maybe it still will now that it's outed here.

Latest posts

Back