Rocky Mountain - Altitude (1995 but respray ?)

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 134wt_1035

Ignore the blurb about 1993 or 1992
It's not 1992 (that's an easy one)
It's not 1993 as the cable routing is wrong
It's not more than likely not 1994 as the 1995 drop-outs match the ones here
and it's not 1996 as they didn't have Canti's and the drop-outs and seat clamp would be wrong.

So best guess is 1995 (no such thing as T.O. this year or the years before) and resprayed in the later T.O. style.

Serial number may confirm something if anyone has anything to compare it to.

Think he would have research a bit better given the very high price tag on there.

italics not true :edit:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I love RM,but that starting price is ridiculous..seen it before with the germans,they are lacking sense of reality imo.

I have an identical frame hanging in garage, think was sold as either 94/95 will check in a bit

bought it from the original owner too, and red is funky translucent finish so not so easy to respray. Not a 96 either as they on the 10th anni headbadge. Not seen it in catalogues though :-S

It's a '95 Altitude TO. The original had the same paintscheme as the '95 Vertex TO.
When he resprayed the frame he just added some red maple leafs.

Price: silly !

Attachments

• 95 RM Vertex TO.jpg
    95 RM Vertex TO.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,185
  • 1995 Altitude TO-1.jpg
    1995 Altitude TO-1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,181
Jupke, do you have a good scan of the 1995, of course it's there on the first page the T.O. of the one in the broken catalogue on here and in the list and just before the none T.O. version :LOL:

Frames the same as the normal one from what I can see, same description and weight. Just an upgraded parts list.

I got the year right though :D

Necro thread revival.

Just picked up that 18.5" Attitude red and yellow "Team Only" on eBay for a good price. Just doing some research on it as I was tempted to spray it yellow and red as per the original 92/93 Attitude but that would be a mortal sin.

The seller said the paint was bad but on closer inspection, I'm delighted that its in bloody good nick. Just needs a clean up and touch up in some areas. You are right about he red colour - its a delightful candy apply red and fortunately isn't scuffed at all. The yellow needs some work but its pretty clean overall.

Anyone have an idea of the groupset that these came with? If its a 94/95 I assume M900 is out the window.

Any other pics of existing owners rides would be appreciated.

:cool: i was watching that, if it had been a 17.5 i would have bought it, still nearly did. I have the '95 Vertex T.O. and like you said the paint is really nice in person. I would leave it as all the other T.O. frames have the colours reversed, kinda unique in that respect.

As for spec, i assume it would be the same as the Vertex, only im sure they came with Judy SL's.

Anyway, nice score and you should start a thread for it :)

Mark

jez-4-bikes-max":3bmdegpe said:
Necro thread revival.

Just picked up that 18.5" Attitude red and yellow "Team Only" on eBay for a good price. Just doing some research on it as I was tempted to spray it yellow and red as per the original 92/93 Attitude but that would be a mortal sin.

The seller said the paint was bad but on closer inspection, I'm delighted that its in bloody good nick. Just needs a clean up and touch up in some areas. You are right about he red colour - its a delightful candy apply red and fortunately isn't scuffed at all. The yellow needs some work but its pretty clean overall.

Anyone have an idea of the groupset that these came with? If its a 94/95 I assume M900 is out the window.

Any other pics of existing owners rides would be appreciated.
This 1995 T.O ?
s-l1600.jpg

Then this

Not M900 XTR, but the modified M910 XTR

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 619
Back