Karma - chinese(?) disc hubs 36h (with taco rims!)

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
These wheels came from a junior mongoose mountain bike I picked up that need some tlc. Looks like someone didn't like the rims though!
I don't really have the time to de-lace the wheels or the tool to remove the freewheel (a non shimano type Falcon).
The hubs may be of use hence offering as karma for pick up from mid-Essex or I can post at your expense. I can split them if only one is required. (EDIT: If I am feeling nice, I may be able to de-lace the front wheel in order to reduce post costs :D )

Plus points are
- Both disc hubs which accept standard six bolt discs. Threads for bolts are good.
- Both hubs are smooth to spin and bearings seem fine - no nasty notchy-ness. I have not stripped to inspect the cones or anything.
- 36h hubs. Front is a Quando brand and quick release but no skewer supplied. Rear is non branded and solid axle with nuts.
- The rear cassette/freewheel is Falcon. From a google search, you will need a park tool FR7 tool to remove the cassette (which I do not have).

Negative points - both rims are beyond straightening or repair - the front more noticeable than the rear. BTW these are size 24"
For your own safety, please do not think that you can re-straighten the rims - your life is worth more than that!!!

These are ideal for a wheel building project or even a go-kart project...?
If no interest these will be off to the tip :(

Attachments

• DSC_0907_1.JPG
    DSC_0907_1.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_0909_2.JPG
    DSC_0909_2.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_0912_1.JPG
    DSC_0912_1.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_0917_2.JPG
    DSC_0917_2.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_0918_2.JPG
    DSC_0918_2.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 378
Re:

How much we looking at to get both wheels posted?

I have a set of OK 24 inch rims on shot hubs, any luck a transplant might be on the cards so salvage something useful from the various parts.

Re:

Yep, ideal for a transplant. PM me your address and tomorrow I will weigh up and get an economy postage costing for you.

Re:

Okay, postage to a UK address for both wheels is £10 in a box or £8.21 for them wrapped in cardboard and film.

Back