Scott FX-1 Octane frame and shock

auldain1950

Devout Dirtbag
I'm selling my a circa 1999 Scott FX-1 Octane frame and Stratos air shock with infinite on-the-fly lockout and Suntour lever, and seat post, and outer cables. I have owned this frame from new. The frame is a single pivot design with 90mm fully adjustable rear travel via a Stratos air shock. English 68mm BB shell - which will accept all threaded BB's. It is IS disc mount compatible and QR wheel fixing. It will comfortable take forks up to 130mm travel without upsetting the geometry. This frame (originally green and black) was sandblasted, resprayed in satin black, and had new Scott decals fitted a few years ago. At the same time some cable guides were repositioned to provide uninterrupted cabling to the rear mech and the rear shock. Although the frame has seen very little use since its respray, the paintwork could do with some tidying up.
The photo shows the bike built up with 130 forks, 9 speed transmission, 9 speed shifters, Easton bars and Hope XC4 stem, SLX disc brakes and Hope/Mavic 26" wheels. This shows how it was before disassembly. Many of these parts are available for sale. If interested please pm me.
I looking for £200 (£220 posted) for this unique frame - which has history as it was my ride, when I won the 2000 Scottish Vets XC Championship (brag).

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 516
Back