99 FSR Comp frame for sale - FRAME SOLD

not_fat_matt

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
:( time has come guys.

I bought this bike brand new from Brotherton Cycles (Old Hill) back in 99, and the frame has covered less than 200 miles in its entire life, 18 months ago it was stripped to utilise the components on my HT Stumpy, its been in the loft ever since.

Frame shows a few marks, mainly from bad storage/transport, worst bit is the corrosion around the lower cage fixings (pictured).
Bushes are all in great condition, comes with original headset, BB, front mech & seat clamp, again, all good. The RS Monarch shock is included, along with the original coil shock.
It has run a sharkfin / rear disc, hence the ground down head on the rear swingarm bolt

I have attached pics of the original forks, again, real good condition, NOT inc in the sale, but can be, along with approx 85% of the original components if someone is interested in doing a retro built

Size is 19" (L)

Price - maybe (probably!) waaaaaaaaay out with this, £90?
It really wants for nothing this frame, ready to be built & ridden!

Questions? More Pics? Just ask :)

Re: Re:

rcookscowen":2di2p3c1 said:
Hi..

So, you did welcome questions!!...

Is this a weighty old beast?

Could you post?

How much including forks?

Fancy swapping for a purple p7??!!

See post if at all tempted?...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=323551&p=2421185#p2421185

On my luggage scales, its just over 6ib's, dont know if thats considered heavy?!?

Postage is an option, would prefer collection/meet if possible tho

No swaps im afraid, im scaling down my collection, somehow got to 3 bikes + two spare frames..... Baaaaaad obsession!

Forks, probably in the region of £45 with the frame, they really are like new!

Vandal - PM on its way.........

Re:

Bump back up, kinda forgot to keep a check on this!

Price adjustments;

Frame as shown - £95 posted
Frame with original coil shock fitted - £80 posted
Add the forks to either - add £35

Have the original cranks/stem/seatpost/saddle/wheels & v-brakes if interested, all great condition

Cheers!
Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Understood mate, have seen a lot lower on eBay etc, its based around the fact i am the original owner from new, i know its history and the fact its had uber low usage.

Im in no rush for a quick sale, its goes against my hoarder ways lol, i even got tempted by the BETD linkage that came up for sale on here for a rebuild :facepalm:

Re: 99 FSR Comp frame for sale

That one on ebay was abnormally low I would say.

Anyway, good luck on sale.

Re:

In the "camera between the dropouts" shot, the lug on the main frame looks a long way from parallel to the forged end of the chainstays. If you're considering upgrading the link, I assume it must really be 100% straight, so is it just an illusion due to the lighting or being near to the edge-of-shot?

My otherwise near-immaculate 99 FSR XC Comp is in need of a new chainstay thanks to the infamous tendency to crack at the hole and this would be a way (albeit a slightly wasteful one!) of restoring it.

Re: 99 FSR Comp frame for sale

Just an illusion mate, the shot was more to show the ground down bolt head. Just had a good look over the frame, all looks spot on. I can do more specific shots of you'd like?

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back