Shimano Cassettes for sale (All nearly new)

Mickyruff

Devout Dirtbag
Here are some nearly new Shimano cassettes for sale. They have had very little use and are virtually un-marked. You need to add £3:90 postage to each price, but anyone who would like two, three or all four cassettes, the £3:90 postage would still cover the weight. Prices and pics for each cassette are below. Any questions, please ask. Many thanks.

1. Dura-Ace 7900 10-speed cassette, 12-23. Thought I'd get on with a 23 but I can't. This was bought new last September and has been ridden twice in the dry. It's for sale at a bargain price of £29.

Dura-Ace10-SpeedCassette12-23_zps66b4f1c7_1.jpg

2. Ultegra 6700 10-speed cassette, 11-23. Same reason as above. Can't get on with a 23. This was bought for my time-trial bike which I've now sold. It has had six dry rides, including one 20-mile time-trial, all in the dry. It's for sale at a bargain price of £14.

Ultegra10-SpeedCassette11-23_zpsbc0bc0e4_1.jpg

3. Ultegra 6500 9-speed cassette, 11-21. I put this on my best mtb wheels for riding to work on the road. It's been ridden about five times. It's for sale at a bargain price of £12.

Ultegra9-SpeedCassette11-21_zps69f1f1c0_1.jpg

4. XT M770 9-speed mtb cassette, 11-32. This was on my best mtb wheels and was ridden to work on the road just once, before I put the 11-21 on. It's for sale at a bargain price of £14.

XT9-SpeedCassette12-32_zpsbcf3307e.jpg

Can I take "3. Ultegra 6500 9-speed". If you reckon it might be possible to drop a cog and use the other ultegra one for 9 speed, I might be up for that too (might be up for it anyway).

Just wanted to double check that road 9 speed is the same as mtb from an indexing point of view. My memory seems to recall a time when it wasn't for some reason.

Hello Gold Trader,

Not sure if you intend to use the cassette(s) on the road or mtb, but I used the 6500 on the mtb going to work and there was no problem. I've just checked with my shop mechanic and he confirms that there are indexing issues. Regarding the 6700 10-speed cassette, by dropping a sprocket out wouldn't let it be used for 9-speed indexing. The sprockets and spacers on 10-speed are much narrower, so you would never get the indexing just right.

Let me know if you still want the 6500 cassette. Many thanks.

Cool, thanks for that, I thought hat might be the case. I'll still take the 9 speed though, like you have used it, it will be getting some road use on an mtb as I will possibly be commuting by bike again soon, so just collecting the bits I might need for this.

Re:

RobMac, you little....

As above spacing is different on the 10.

I was thinking of getting the road 9 as well as I'll be commuting further soon and it'll go fine with a single up front. But didn't notice it was there till you posted.

XT M770 and CS 6500 cassettes now sold.

Fatal Swan has had to re-assess his requirements, so the two 10-speed road cassettes (the 7900 and the 6700) are still available.

That's £29 for the 7900 and £14 for the 6700.

Many thanks.

Back