*** FOR SALE: Specialized M4 Stumpjumper Pro (2002) ***

dt03mmh

Retro Newbie
2002 M4 Stumpjumper Pro!

This bike has been with me for a while now since I bought it from a colleague a few years ago. He bought it new so I am the second owner. Sadly, it hasn't had a huge amount of rising due to me living in London.

It is a classic, lightweight hardtail. Certainly the lightest bike that I have ever known. Top range spec for its time too - see below.

I have been wrestling with selling it for a while now, but an impending move to the US has forced my hand. I would love to see someone take it on, maintain it and put some good trail time into it, as it still holds it's own against bikes 12 years on.

It is generally in working condition, having recently had a fork service and new block and chain put on. The frame and control gear is in excellent condition and the stem and bars were upgraded by its previous owner. The brakes and drive chain could do with a quick service, and possibly some new cables and pads, as the brakes are a little stiff, but nothing too taxing.

It comes without pedals, but I have some basic flats kicking around if you need to get it home.

Sad to see it go, but take the opportunity to grab yourself a bargain.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Would accept offers of £250 or nearest reasonable offer.

NOTE LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. THE PURCHASER WILL HAVE TO PICK UP FROM SE11 BEFORE 16th MAY OR ON THE 18th MAY FROM GU6. I would also prefer cash on collection.

I am listing it on other sites, so I reserve the rights to end the auction early.

-

Frame: Specialized M4 Stumpjumper Pro
Forks: Rock Shox SID SL dual air
Front wheel: Specialized hub/Mavic X517 (radially laced)
Rear wheel: Onxz hub/Mavic X517 (laced 3-cross)
Cranks: Specialized Strong Arm
Front mech: Shimano XT
Rear mech: Shimano XTR
Block: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano XT
Brakes: Avid Single Digit Ti
Levers: Avid Speed Dial Ti
Headset: Cane Creek
Stem: Thompson Elite 4-bolt
Bars: Easton Monkey Bars
Seat: Specialized Body Geometry Atlas 143 (nb the plastic body on the saddle is broken so although ridable, you will probably want a new one.
Seat clamp: Hope

It's on eBay, but I would be open to offers as well.

Attachments

• $_58-1.JPG
    $_58-1.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 2,437
  • $_58-2.JPG
    $_58-2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,433
  • $_58-3.JPG
    $_58-3.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,433
  • $_58-4.JPG
    $_58-4.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,433
  • $_58-5.JPG
    $_58-5.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 2,433
  • $_58-7.JPG
    $_58-7.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,433
  • $_58-8.JPG
    $_58-8.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,434
  • $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,436
This should be in the 1998+ forum mate, this is for old skool metal ;)
Also the forum rules state it must have a firm sale price, this ain't no auction site :)

Great bike! The frame is stiff and strong...good series. I have ever ride exactly the same in 18" and 19"
This series of Sid need often service to keep performance but are very light.

Size frame looks 18" (c-t), isn't it?

Back