Fox f80x - two sets - ONE LEFT

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Set 2
If you don't want a project, but want a set of fox f80x forks you can fit, ride and forget, I also have a set of disc only ones in their original silver, fully working and in good cosmetic condition I am also selling.

I bought these as nos about 4 years ago and didn't use them for a year. In that time they developed a weeping seal, so I sent them off to get serviced, and promptly fitted them to my commuter. After the first ride I noticed a mark in one stantion so sent them back and was told that the bushing had not been seated correctly during the service and had caused the mark. The problem was rectified and its not got any worse during the time I used them. At the time i was offered a discount on some replacement uppers, but they werent available in the right colour, so decided not to bother, as i was also advised that the small mark would not affect the performance at all. I retired the commuter about a year ago, so they've not been used since then, but they are in fine working condition, all adjusters move and do what they should and the seals hold air for as long as the earth continues to spin. The only other negative is that the paint on the crown has a bubble in it, which I'm tempted to peel off an touch up, but just being honest about condition. I've got some official fox touch up paint in the right colour I will throw in too. £125 posted within the uk.

I still have the service reports somewhere I think, so if I find them I can include too. I think I've also got the manual stashed in the garage as well.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

It's difficult to picture the stantions due to reflections, but the pic below shows the small mark - it is right in the middle of the stantion. You can only just feel it when you run your nail over it - there are a lot of other reflections in the pic that aren't marks at all i.e. the reflection on the stantion towards the bottom of it as pictured- below the actual mark.
IMG_1231.jpg

The other stantion is unmarked - again there is a lot of reflection in the pic:
IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

The bubbling on the crown:
IMG_1234.jpg

One of the decals is slightly peeling and a couple of small scratches have been touched up:
IMG_1235.jpg

Any questions, just ask. I'm always open to swaps and trades. If my pricing is out, let me know.

Set 1 - SOLD
I have had a fork project I'm not going to get around to, so up for sale it goes.

I bought some disc only fox f80x forks that were in need of a service, and were also minus decals. I wanted to get a set of v brake compatible lowers, get the lot sprayed black, then have the lowers swapped during a service.

I have got as far as having the forks resprayed (etch primed then painted in gloss black by an automotive sprayer), but the project I had them planned for changed direction, and I sourced a grey set instead (matched the umma gumma parts better).

The forks (as they came to me) are now a nice gloss black (uppers and lowers). The seals have a bit of black paint on, as do the bolts at the bottom, as I didn't want to take them apart until I was ready, and risk losing any parts.

The stantions are unmarked, all dials and bolts are present though the adjuster for the bump threshold is stiff, as it was when I first bought the forks. They hold air well, the rebound adjuster works, but the fork is difficult to compress. It has been sat idle for over a year since the respray, but I'm not overly concerned as a service would sort this out.

The v brake lowers are also painted black, and come with a set of used seals, so you can replace the painted ones above. They were originally from a set of RLC forks.

There are a few storage marks, but nothing to write home about. The pics highlight I should have clean hands when picking things up - hence the greasy finger prints. I will of course clean these off.

I'm asking for £80 posted (uk) for the package, which I think is a bargain, as crown/stantion assemblies fetch £40-50 on eBay, especially with a steerer of a useful length, which this has - 225mm.

IMG_1216_zps6b0ceff4.jpg

IMG_1215_zps470c6341.jpg

IMG_1214_zpsce79ce98.jpg

IMG_1212_zps882a03e3.jpg

IMG_1211_zpsf90bc731.jpg

IMG_1210_zpsa6e76c0b.jpg

Back