v-brake bosses

if you can wait till my verniers arrive i can measure the ones i have, got loads of em but i think they may be all M10.
If mine are M10 then i got my last lot of m8 from leisure lakes

I have a nice set of Titanium 8mm bosses(NOS too) - will grab them from work today and post a pic tonight if your interested?

On the part of the fork where the bosses go in, does the threaded section start straight away, or is the thread recessed further back into the mount? It was on my old RS Judy - if you need that type I should have a set.

Yeah it does make a difference (as I found to my own dismay!). If the thread starts straight away you need something that looks like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-M8-V-Bra ... 0283483778

If the thread is recessed you need a slightly different looking one, I'll try and post a photo of mine in the morning.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It is a bit hard to believe just how difficult it is to find brake bosses. Here's the M8 pair I have - the section between the 'lip' and the thread means it's only suitable for forks where the thread is recessed a little way into the fork (the old Rockshox were, certainly). You can hopefully see the difference between these and the ones in the ebay link I posted.

Attachments

• M8 boss.jpg
    M8 boss.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Back