Raleigh Castorama 753

bedraggled

Senior Retro Guru
Intriguing Raleigh Castorama 753 in France.
Wondering if it is one of the Cyfac built team versions.
Looks to have a dent in top tube which seller doesn't mention.
Perfect for a Fignon replica as it's built for canti's.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frame-road-bi ... 2191723191?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
that is a cyclocross frame i would think .

i am going to ask seller for more pictures .

what size do you think it is ?

Re:

Fignon road a cyclocross bike?? I've never seen any photos of him riding anything other than the team bike with the Delta brakes before..

Judging by the head tube, I'd take a guess this is a 22" frame, no bigger. The seat angle does look really shallow but the photo is taken slightly above, looking down which might exaggerate it's appearance.

Nice find.

:cool:

Pictures of the bike appear on french forums.

Attachments

• lf2.jpg
    lf2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 930
  • lf1.jpg
    lf1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 930
Re:

the canti pictured with fignon is the 91 issue with a Sabliere frame ... aluminium built
the pictured one belongs to Marcel Arbes

Re:

Great shot and one I've never seen before - canti brakes - WOW!
Clearly he put his 8 second deficit in the 1989 TdF down to lugging those Delta brakes around France for three weeks!

:shock:

When did he ride cantis then? Surely it would have been in Paris-Roubaix, Flanders, or similar, but the other bikes in that pic have deltas which have worse mud clearance than just about an other brake so that makes me think it wasn't one of those races?

Back