Silly priced Mercian

The current list price for that frame is £1458, the fancy paint job is extra.
Probably would be possible to spend close to £3000 for the complete build.
If any bike should be sold in bits this is it, all the components are desirable individually but just don't work together.

Re:

Yep, I meant it would only fetch around £1000 if it was left to auction, I appreciate that it would have cost rather a lot to build.

You can't expect to get your money back on something like that, it's too personal.

Re:

Mercians in top nick seem to be going for £5-600, mainly stripped of the components and the frames sold on...

Re:

Makes the one I just got look like a bargain at £2800 LESS than what this chap is asking!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121342865727?redirect=mobile

You can't tell on the photo but apart from the bottom bracket lugs it is a fillet brazed frame. After a bit of t-cut it's like new. Build thread to follow....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I 'won' this via a fairly keen BIN 4 or 5 years ago as I wanted the components for another build and the frame for general pouncing about. Despite immediate payment, the seller refused to let me have it and suggested that I was unrealistic in expecting to get it for the price listed.

Fast forward to 2014 and it's still available. I wonder why.

Back