Ilkeston build Raleigh SB3018

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Respect to the seller for actually auctioning it and letting the market decide the value.

Any idea what the PGF stamp on the bottom bracket is?

Lovely bike. Going to bid on that definitely, I have always wanted a Ti.

It will get good monies, daft time of year to sell such a bike though? Could mean it doesn't hit it's true value?

Did wonder myself about the PGF - no idea, it's not standard i'd suggest. One of the Raleigh bods on here will have the answer.

Best of luck, be good if you could bring it back to blighty!

FINNEY1973":392flqm7 said:
It will get good monies, daft time of year to sell such a bike though? Could mean it doesn't hit it's true value?

Did wonder myself about the PGF - no idea, it's not standard i'd suggest. One of the Raleigh bods on here will have the answer.

Best of luck, be good if you could bring it back to blighty!
Will give it a go! Agreed, not the best time to sell. Not much free money around after Christmas, and not exactly the weather to motivate.

I have seen the PGF before I am sure.

And therein lies the opportunity to seek & destroy, if funds allow then it's a class bike. Owning such a bike would motivate, regardless of the weather.

Matt_wood55 said:
FINNEY1973 said:
It will get good monies, daft time of year to sell such a bike though? Could mean it doesn't hit it's true value?"

Have to disagree...Some gear I've been watching over the last 3 weeks has gone for silly expensive prices!!

tarloone":2ssxrp18 said:
Matt_wood55":2ssxrp18 said:
FINNEY1973":2ssxrp18 said:
It will get good monies, daft time of year to sell such a bike though? Could mean it doesn't hit it's true value?"

Have to disagree...Some gear I've been watching over the last 3 weeks has gone for silly expensive prices!!

All depends on what it is I guess - I picked up an unused 650C wheel last week, unmarked, barely done a revolution in it's life - £10! Bit miffed as I didn't get the skewer though :)

When it comes to bikes like this though, they will generally get the monies they deserve, especially when the photo's tell a story as they do on his advert.

Just reckon there's more buyers with more cash in any other month other than December & January (says me after buying the 992 from you a few weeks ago!!)

3018 is 79-80 frame in 753, no H on the BB and no other marks so is stock......No rubber bung on the brakes to stop them marking the frame and the skewers and brake QR's are straight so a little earlier than the frame.......

A tempting proposition for the Hilary Stone / Flip crowd :(

Shaun

Back