Godders between christmas and new year ride AFTERMATH !

godders

Retrobike Rider
Three happy souls met up in Haywards Heath for a little bimble to burn off some of the excess from Christmas and to wish each other a happy new year !
Mike came up from Worthing and Andy made the journey over from Kent, and I made the long trip from...about a mile away ;)
After Mike and Andy's drive over they both decided that the needed to use the toilets in the park, only to find that they had been demolished !! :shock: I believe suitable bushes were found to avoid being arrested for indecent exposure ! :facepalm:
Once we were all ready we headed out towards Lindfield picking up the back lanes and on to Fletching, passing through Piltdown,Barcome and on through Hamsey where we crossed the Meridan line from the Easter hemisphere into the western :cool: then crossing the railway line at Cooksbridge headed back into the quiet lanes, just after I had the only puncture of the ride :oops: then following the road under the downs Mike decided that he wanted to do Ditchling Beacon climb, I tried to talk him out of it but he was having none of it !! ;) So as Andy and I took it easy from Westmeston towards the bottom of the Beacon Mike tore of at super Mike speed !, as he arrived at the bottom of the climb he came across the tail end Charlie's of a club ride heading up the Beacon.....now anyone who knows Mike knows this is like a red rag to a bull !! :LOL: so of he raced managing to overtake the entire club :shock: arriving at the top with only two riders on his tail (who he described as looking about 12 years old) :LOL: once back together we headed north through Keymer then just skirting Burgess Hill through Ditchling common and onto Wivelsfield green before taking the strangely named "slugwash lane" :shock: before joining the A272 back into Haywards Heath, back at the cars we wished each a happy new year before going our separate ways :xmas-cool:
So thanks for coming out on a very dull grey and windy day guys ! Really enjoyed the ride and hope to see you both soon :D

Mick :)

Re:

Thanks for organizing this ride Mick :xmas-wink: I went places I'd never been before! Ooer missus! :LOL: :LOL:
'Twas a lovely route, and good to see a lot of other riders out for a potter/training ride.
Thanks Andy for turning up, and for both of you waiting at the bottom of the Beacon while I went off to play! :LOL:

A few piccies for y'all,

This is what an old '80s Orbit looks like, :xmas-cool:

These boys are too fast for my camera, so I had to wait in ambush! :LOL: :LOL:

At the east/west Meridien line. No, me neither! :LOL: :LOL:

Bring back memories, Mick? :xmas-big-grin:

NEXT!

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=339261

Mike

Re:

Great ride, many thanks for organising! I see I'll have to up my fitness for the next one! :D

Back