Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

A nice little ride today...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=168207

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  A nice little ride today...

...Enjoying the october sun around Patching and Highdown Hill

Attachments:
IMAG0327a.jpg
IMAG0327a.jpg [ 350.81 KiB | Viewed 8498 times ]
IMAG0326a.jpg
IMAG0326a.jpg [ 313.44 KiB | Viewed 8498 times ]
IMAG0324a.jpg
IMAG0324a.jpg [ 264.62 KiB | Viewed 8498 times ]
IMAG0323a.jpg
IMAG0323a.jpg [ 307.09 KiB | Viewed 8498 times ]

Author:  swos [ Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Great pictures and a lovely bike

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks like a good ride, I got in a 2 hour session at Whiteways in the late afternoon, practaly had the trails to myself.

Author:  godders [ Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went out on one of those spur of the moment rides .. and ended up here :)

Attachments:
100_1859.JPG
100_1859.JPG [ 274.24 KiB | Viewed 8474 times ]

Author:  godders [ Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Not realy sure if picking one of the hottest day of the year was such a good idea though !! 8)

Attachments:
100_1857.JPG
100_1857.JPG [ 213.95 KiB | Viewed 8473 times ]
100_1854.JPG
100_1854.JPG [ 232.24 KiB | Viewed 8473 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Despite a rather nasty cold I went for a wander along the coast to LittleHampton.

It was a little busy.

I went home again. sneezing.

Still, nice weather and all that...

Attachments:
IMAG0396-sml.jpg
IMAG0396-sml.jpg [ 474.18 KiB | Viewed 8464 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Any reason why we can't we just re-use this thread as a rolling list of random bike rides we have done? (Non-Retrobike planned ones for example).

Author:  rosstheboss [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:11 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't see why not!

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am ]
Post subject: 

Good idea to me !

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got 2 hours on the road bike today, nice to get out for a spin, and still in shorts !!

Author:  rosstheboss [ Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

I went out for an extended version of my quick Patching loop yesterday, just took a couple of photos as it was wet and muddy, both pics from close to Monarchs Way north of Patching. Unfortunately I didn't have an onboard camera to capture the bloody great stag that charged across the trail about 10m in front of me at one point!!!!!

Attachments:
IMAG0369.jpg
IMAG0369.jpg [ 435.21 KiB | Viewed 1265 times ]
IMAG0368.jpg
IMAG0368.jpg [ 380.62 KiB | Viewed 1265 times ]

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

wouldn't mind sneaking out on a ride with you Ross, if you ever manage to find the time of a weekend and didn't mind a tag-a-long, I'd love to know more of my local trails

Author:  rosstheboss [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't mind tag a longs Max, it's the 5 minute warning that I get to find out I can go for a ride that's the problem!!!!

Definitely need to meet up soon and as Rosstheboss Jr is now a little older and no one wants to go out in the pissy november weather, it should get a little easier!!!

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

And so it happened that on the 12th of November 2011 Rosstheboss actually went for a ride with some other people from Retrobike, namely Bobcatmax and The Green Rabbit....

And what fun it was too, if a little muddy!!! Nice pint as well!

Sorry to turf you guys away at the end, it looked like the nippers had had an earbashing and the car was about to unload an enormous portion of grump, which wasn't far from the truth.... bloody kids!

Less mud and more people next time eh?

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Good to get out and ride with you at last Ross :)

No comedy puncture/faff picture? I was expecting at least one, hehe.

No worries about the turfing out, it was nigh on the the exact time for me to push off anyway..Chichester had just about sold out of everything and had kicked my missus out :lol:

definitely less mud ;)

Author:  rosstheboss [ Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:10 am ]
Post subject: 

That was a legendary faff at my house - changing a watch battery anyone?!?!

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 am ]
Post subject: 

rosstheboss wrote:

I think a new standard has be set, mind you a close second was I’ll be there in a minute just got to find the tortoise.

Author:  godders [ Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went up to Leith hill today (sorry no picks) and folowed prety much the same route as the other week , trail conditions were still realy good, a few soft spots and the odd puddle here and there, excelent ridding 8)
no pub stop this time :cry: but i did manage to shave four and a bit hours of the time from the october ride :shock: great area to ride in .....
lots of other riders around today , they were almost queuing up to ride yogurt pots, which was prety churned up in places :( and almost no crap on the bike when finnished :D .

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Decided that as my car is in for repairs, today would be a test ride of my new bike, which I have been buying and assembling over the last few weeks. Went out of Brighton, up to Devil's Dyke, back to Hove via the old Railway, then had a coffee, went along the seafront to Saltdean in the dark.

Of all the mechanicals I was expecting, the LH pedal arm coming loose about 1k from home was the oddest. Everything else ran fine, not even a gear or brake adjust - so I guess I am blaming the mechanic for the pedal arm :oops:

Bike sorted now, took a few pics with my not so good phone, but here it is anyway.

First impressions were that is it a bit shorter (wheelbase) than I am used to, it is really easy to balance on (low speed, traffic lights) and is obviously not as easy to slow down - but, have to admit, I do quite like it.

Only problem is, it needs a wash now.

Attachments:
IMAG0435sml.jpg
IMAG0435sml.jpg [ 214.75 KiB | Viewed 1056 times ]
IMAG0442sml.jpg
IMAG0442sml.jpg [ 285.73 KiB | Viewed 1056 times ]
IMAG0461sml.jpg
IMAG0461sml.jpg [ 171 KiB | Viewed 1056 times ]

Author:  warpedboy2 [ Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice :D :shock:

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went out today, planning to ride home over the Downs via Honeysuckle lane, unfortunately I was navigating from memory after glancing at the map and went a little wrong! Ended up the wrong side of Blackpatch Hill and the wrong end of Long Furlong.....Nevermind eh?!

Mild apologies for modern content.... :lol:

Attachments:
IMAG0115.jpg
IMAG0115.jpg [ 354.08 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]
IMAG0114.jpg
IMAG0114.jpg [ 263.04 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]
IMAG0112.jpg
IMAG0112.jpg [ 368.57 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]
IMAG0111.jpg
IMAG0111.jpg [ 287.3 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ha! you coulda come to the Bull with us instead :P

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

After coming home later than expected I was accused of going to the pub anyway, so maybe I should have!! I went past the Bull at about 3pm anyway!

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol:

we were in there!!

bizarrely I was saying to Heidi we should see about dragging you lot down there too

Author:  gordyshreds [ Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

just seem some familiar locations so thought I would say hi! I live in Cornwall no but from Worthing originally, spent my whole youth riding Clapham woods and Cissbury. We still have some very very tasty dirt jumps in Clapham woods! Got myself a Sunn Bmix yesterday for a bit of summer fun and am keen to get an old school cross country ride also now. I come back now and then when on leave (in the forces) if any Worthing locals fancy some fun in the woods!

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Let us know when you're next around Mr. Gordyshreds! I was riding around Patching today as it goes...

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Little pic from today, people seem to call it 'The Hidden valley' however I found it quite easily. I followed the signs.

I was unhappy that I couldn't help a fellow MTB'er who turned up whilst I was having a quick breather - he had a puncture, no repair or spare.

Firstly he went through 5 patches (all of one kit) and then I think there were more holes. Next we tried a spare tube which was a schrader one I had picked up, but they wouldn't fit the drilling on his rims. He let me on my way after a while seeing as he was in for a walk. Not a lot else could be done despite my offers of walking with him or lending him a phone.

Anyway, aside from that, it was quite nice to be on a bike again after nearly 8 weeks.

Attachments:
IMAG0641.jpg
IMAG0641.jpg [ 244.13 KiB | Viewed 904 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Beach run redux

I decided to re-trace the route of 'ye olde Brighhelm Beach runne' today, not for any special reason, apart from to play with some bike lights and just get out of work for a bit. It was quiet without you lot. :)

I have now purchased 2x Cree xm5 things which are supposed to be so bright as to blind potatoes. They didn't dissapoint, whilst not paying attention and on high beam I heard the cats-eyes in the road start howling (possibly).

Aside from that, it started out light, and then got darker. Then i put my lights on. etc.

Attachments:
File comment: lighter
IMAG0658.jpg
IMAG0658.jpg [ 467.4 KiB | Viewed 885 times ]
File comment: darker
IMAG0661.jpg
IMAG0661.jpg [ 253.09 KiB | Viewed 885 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

A lovely day but perhaps not the nicest bike ride I had recently :)

I rang in and joked that I was pulling a sicky today, which basically means not answering my phone or emails. For a bit. I decided on doing 'Chattri and the Windmills' Which is a little loop just off the South Downs Way outside of Brighton.

First off the Bridge that gets you onto the loop was shut for repairs and biking back round to the other side of it was off the cards so I decided to change routes a bit. Got to the SDW at Pyecombe and started sneezing, them coughing, then sure enough, out of nowhere I was sick!

Headed back towards home, felt a bit brighter, did an excursion up to Devils Dyke then back down the old railway.

Bought some bike shorts. Grumbled.

Nice day however, hope some of you managed to get out.

Attachments:
File comment: Not my hat.
IMAG0677.jpg
IMAG0677.jpg [ 465.08 KiB | Viewed 869 times ]
File comment: They wouldn't stay still. I did ask.
IMAG0679.jpg
IMAG0679.jpg [ 299.56 KiB | Viewed 869 times ]

Author:  Anthony [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 am ]
Post subject: 

We did pass the Chattri, a bit later. Quite dry up there. And we crossed the bridge that is closed, as we're naughtier than you.

What was Newtimber Hill like today? Almost unridable at the foot of the hill last time I went there a few weeks ago, owing to farmer churning it up.

Nice pics as ever. Funny that you threw a sicky to go for a ride, and then you really did throw a sicky. Quite poetic really.

Author:  DA-EVO [ Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anthony wrote:
We did pass the Chattri, a bit later. Quite dry up there. And we crossed the bridge that is closed, as we're naughtier than you.

What was Newtimber Hill like today? Almost unridable at the foot of the hill last time I went there a few weeks ago, owing to farmer churning it up.

Nice pics as ever. Funny that you threw a sicky to go for a ride, and then you really did throw a sicky. Quite poetic really.

Hi, I had pretty much decided at the bottom of that Hill I was feeling rough and headed back down to Brighton, felt a bit better then went up by the side of the A27 and then back along to Devils Dyke from there.

Yes, rather a self fulfilling prophecy of a sick day which I ended up being sick on. :)

Glad you managed to get out, it was a great day for it.

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:57 am ]
Post subject: 

oh dear mate, hope you're feeling better!

Green Rabbit and i got out for the afternoon yesterday - route - never been round there before, some lovely countryside and roads, but i regret not getting out in the morning, too many idiots out driving.

saw some lovely motors at Goodwood..

really enjoying my riding at the moment, bring on the summer and more dusty off road trails :D

Author:  Anthony [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is number 16 an Elva? Or a Lotus 22?

Author:  BobCatMax [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

lotus :)

Author:  thesneaker [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hit the trails today, did a Cissbury/Chanctonbury loop, 75% of the trails were dry and like summer, if even created dust :wink:

Attachments:
DSC03819.JPG
DSC03819.JPG [ 471.28 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
DSC03823.JPG
DSC03823.JPG [ 471.96 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
DSC03825.JPG
DSC03825.JPG [ 262.83 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
DSC03827.JPG
DSC03827.JPG [ 511.69 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]

Author:  grd [ Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anthony wrote:
Is number 16 an Elva? Or a Lotus 22?

As Max says, it is a Lotus, but it is a 23 not a 22. The 22 was a single seat formula junior. Ironically, a lot of 22's got converted into 23's during the eighties. They say of the 65 lotus 23's built, 87 remain running today. :shock:

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Following on from this thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193240

I started on my 3 week 'The People's Grand Tour' extravaganza adventure thing today. It was a very nice day but a bit cold. Unfortunately I had to abandon the initial Prologue TT due to technical problems (missing seatpost being one of them) but will move that to another day, so today was a ride from Brighton to Ferring and back.

I will spare the boring photo's of the rather misty seafront and instead present the near finish of my ride, some drink and cake at Carats.

It remains to be seen how many days I can actually get on a bike in the next 3 weeks (work is already causing problems with that) but its worth a shot I guess.

Go to www.peoplesgrandtour.com and see if it is of interest, it seems to be a pretty good idea.

:)

Attachments:
IMAG0751.jpg
IMAG0751.jpg [ 355.88 KiB | Viewed 987 times ]

Author:  Anthony [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 am ]
Post subject: 

DA-EVO wrote:
I will spare the boring photo's of the rather misty seafront and instead present the near finish of my ride, some drink and cake at Carats.

I hope it didn't make you sick this time Dylan!

I know Carats is very popular, but IMO the fruit cake at the cafe on the Undercliff west of Rottingdean is way better, truly delicious like home made.

Author:  DA-EVO [ Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anthony wrote:
I hope it didn't make you sick this time Dylan!

I know Carats is very popular, but IMO the fruit cake at the cafe on the Undercliff west of Rottingdean is way better, truly delicious like home made.

TBH I do like Carats but I just wish that the food was a bit more consistent - sometimes it is really good others its not. But I agree with you on the Rottingdean place. As my mother once told me "Theres plenty more cakes by the sea". At least, I think she said that, I was crying at the time. ;)

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Pigs - On Sunday me and Junior found Pigs near the South Downs. We were on the Chattri and the Windmills trail.

The ones that were not asleep came over and said 'hi'.

Junior didn't want his photo on here so heres the pigs. Did I mention the pigs?

We didn't eat bacon on this day. Amen.

The one on the right was having a nap - not dead. Just so you know.

(or the one mid pic)

Attachments:
pigs.jpg
pigs.jpg [ 277.19 KiB | Viewed 963 times ]

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

:lol:

Author:  godders [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Piggys have been there for a while now ...started out as just tiny little ones
Ahhhh :) and now there Bigger :shock: havent been past that way for ages, bet they smelt nice in that heat :lol:
Mick :)

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

godders wrote:
Ahhhh :) and now there Bigger :shock: havent been past that way for ages, bet they smelt nice in that heat :lol:

There are a few huge pigs there now - I think they are about car size. (ish). Next visit I will get a few more pics. And perhaps one with a bike in it ;)

Author:  godders [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

DA-EVO wrote:
godders wrote:

There are a few huge pigs there now - I think they are about car size. (ish). Next visit I will get a few more pics. And perhaps one with a bike in it ;)

What a pig with a bike in it :? :oops:

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

godders wrote:
DA-EVO wrote:
godders wrote:

Could have been phrased better. I meant, a pig riding a bike. Of course ;)

Author:  godders [ Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

DA-EVO wrote:
godders wrote:
DA-EVO wrote:
godders wrote:

Could have been phrased better. I meant, a pig riding a bike. Of course ;)

Ahh clear as a pig in s**t :lol:

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Managed a little ride out this eve - was lovely and quiet. Had the place to myself pretty much! No pig pics - they were moving house.

However, evenings like this make you happy to have a bike. Another thing to note is that the trails are still really quite dry - they are soaking up the rain nicely so make the most of it.

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 426.36 KiB | Viewed 1041 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I thought I would bore you all with a little photography this eve. I believe that at some point in life everyone is doomed to think they just because they can point a camera at something without getting it out of focus or upside down, they are somehow a 'photographer'.

Currently it is my turn. In a few weeks I will have spent £45,000 on a home developing studio and sold my car to buy a camera, spent the equivalent of 2 Klein attitudes worth of money on a memory card. (Probably). My postal order for that flimsiest of excuses of looking at scantily clad women (some photography magazine or other) is in the post.

I went down the seafront which I haven't done for at least oh, a few months and took some pictures. Erm, because you do. I dunned a bikeride as well so that counts.

p.s. I am not really buying a camera hobby. :)

Attachments:
File comment: Obligatory 'normal' bike shot.
IMAG0786.jpg
IMAG0786.jpg [ 284.78 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]
File comment: I pressed some buttons and the world went weird. In the camera. Not the whole world.
IMAG0800.jpg
IMAG0800.jpg [ 490.01 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]
File comment: I bought an expensive camera equipped phone to take photos in black and white. AND its not an iPhone.
120412a.jpg
120412a.jpg [ 177.73 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

An excursion to LA seemed to happen today. After yesterday (Downs run) I felt more than a little tired in the legs but for some reason I decided I wanted a bit more pain so rode into the wind to Littlehampton, after originally planning a gentle ride to Shoreham, then Worthing.

Nothing noteworth really about the scenery (although obligatory seafront pic enclosed) however what was a lot of fun was the tailwind home. I also had a lot more luck than normal with traffic lights etc and it was really nice to give myself a bit of hell :) First time this year I felt even remotely like I was able to press on without fainting / vomiting / cardiac etc.

So all in all a nice little ride today. :)

Attachments:
IMAG0814.jpg
IMAG0814.jpg [ 344.24 KiB | Viewed 1028 times ]

Author:  rosstheboss [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 am ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
rosstheboss wrote:

I think a new standard has be set, mind you a close second was I’ll be there in a minute just got to find the tortoise.

I should mention to any concerned parties that the tortoise in question, Wilma is her name by the way, emerged from a 4 month absence into our back garden a couple of weeks ago, with renewed vigour, about an inch of mud on her shell and some stories to tell the grandkids...

Author:  godders [ Mon May 07, 2012 3:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Spur of the moment one ....as the sun was shining this morning 8)
went over to west grinsted and headed north up the Downs link to Bramley, and was going to reward my self with a large cappachino
and slice of cake ....but the cafe was shut ...bugger :cry: so had to make do with something not so nice from the garage :roll: then headed back, some bits were very sloppy and some were realy dry,
total distance 40.63 miles and just over 1000ft of climbing :?:
who said old railway lines were flat !!

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had a nice bike ride today but had to sign a confidentiality agreement as to where, what and when it was.

Seems all will be revealed shortly. I wasn't allowed to take pictures nor nuffin.

But, it was good!

Sometimes some of the nicest things are right under your nose :)

D

edit: Plus its soo secret I have on Private on Strava ;)

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:32 am ]
Post subject: 

oooh, was this with a Rabbit of a ceratin unusual shade?

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 am ]
Post subject: 

We could tell you but then we would have to . . . .

Author:  DA-EVO [ Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Had a few days off work and what with the Jubilee weekend (or, rather, avoiding it by hiding in woods) I have been on the bike a few times.

Not many pics to bore you with but I did spent a nice afternoon with my youngest on Worthing seafront giving him a refresher course on riding his bike.

I took the Mountain Goat to prove that it does get ridden* (very rarely, only in the dry, on flat surfaces with no dust or spit on them).

* Actually, the reason its not really ridden much is that I am trying to find a replacement headset and don't want to knacker the threads on the fork in the meantime, but that makes for a more boring story.

Picture of junior not enclosed, that one is for the family album. We had chips and did 11km on the seafront, and yes, I GPS'd it ;)

Attachments:
WTR.jpg
WTR.jpg [ 210.14 KiB | Viewed 872 times ]

Author:  integerspin [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:55 am ]
Post subject: 

I rode over to the old Reigate road, at the bottom of Boxhill and then up and along what it say on the map is the north downs way, followed tracks we used to walk along when we were young and walking from Dorking to Betchworth or Boxhill. I used to spend a lot of time when I was a kid riding old motorbikes around the old quarries, so I should really know it pretty well.
Then I went across the road at Buckland on to a bridleway that takes you over to the skimmington castle, more or less where the pic below was taken. At this stage the bike was clean, I had stopped going on bridleways last month as I was clearly going to be cleaning it every day. After this point it got muddy, very muddy and so did I;-) I went on one bridleway from Leigh village out to where I live and it was several miles of mud, didn't help that at one point I lost all forward momentum and fell over;-)

Author:  PurleySquire [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Croydon Cross Country

I went for a late afternoon / early evening cross country spin. All around Croydon Airport, through Mitcham Common, Morden Hall and down as far as South Wimbledon station.
Mitcham Common and Morden Hall were the highlights. Lots of trails and for the most part bone dry. Mitcham isn't a big area but if you criss-cross it, then it goes on for a while. It even has hillocks with great views of the surrounding area.
It took about 3 1/2 hours and my legs feel like I was out all day. Plenty of riding on the pegs and through the tall grass.

Author:  flibble [ Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Momentous day topday - I took my lad to Wendover woods for his first jaunt out on a mountain bike. He's ridden his BMX for some time and has been asking for something with gears. I reckon he's got the hang of it and he's badgering me for a trip back up there next weekend :D

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

A lovely day out yesterday around the usual Patching loop, lots of sunshine, friendly trail users, and feeling good after a few days of snively crap and random dry cough from travelling on the London underground, let alone a few weeks without a ride.... Lovely!

Only downside was some horseriders have smashed a small part of one of the trails making it impossible to ride up, nevermind....

Author:  PurleySquire [ Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Shooters Hill, Oxleas Wood and Falconwood

A change of plan last week meant that I took my godson on an epic ride (he's 11, so such things are relative) around the Shooters Hill area today (South East London).

The surprisingly good sections were through Oxleas Wood see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxleas_Wood. A bit muddy in places, some rooty climbs, lots of squelchy leaves, but other sections very quick and dry.
Lots of tracks ranging from wide avenues right down to narrow fox runs through the brambles. Technically these are probably footpaths, but no one seemed to object and there were plenty of other wheel tracks dotted about.

The little tyke positively threw himself along the downhill section with huge tail slides.

What a lovely 3 hour escape from the real world.

Author:  integerspin [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:06 am ]
Post subject: 

I went up Leith Hill today.
Last week I couldn't see the trees on the other hilly bit from the
top and from low down the vision was yards.
Today the sky had blue bits, the kiosk was open and there were other people on the hill.
I looked at the pics I took today, I can see a pointy building, is it the shard?

Attachments:
move-along.jpg
move-along.jpg [ 8.78 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]
pointy-building.jpg
pointy-building.jpg [ 20.12 KiB | Viewed 760 times ]

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am ]
Post subject: 

yes

Author:  rosstheboss [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks like the Shard to me!

Author:  godders [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks very close :shock: ... big zoom mabey ?
hows the ground conditions up there at the moment ?

Author:  integerspin [ Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

godders wrote:
Looks very close :shock: ... big zoom mabey ?
hows the ground conditions up there at the moment ?

No just a pocket size ricoh R6 and the pic is actual pixel size.
I didn't even know what zoom the camera is[it takes ok macro pics at a cm or so] it's 7x zoom.
Ground pretty good, some muddy bit's obviously but some of the paths you wouldn't know it's been pissing down. Your going to get your bike muddy put it that way.

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I nipped over to my parents today in Storrington, and after finding out my front brake had decided to stop working entirely since the last ride and an emergency visit to the bike shop to sort it, I went out on my old favourite loop of Sullington-Amberley-Parham-Sullington. What an absolute beaut of a day! Having missed the two minute silence this morning due to a certain toddler, I had plenty of time to consider the past as I climbed up to the South Downs Way with the only noise apart from the occasional bird and the odd moo thrown in, being the Harvard from Shoreham Airport flying around (it's an American WW2 fighter btw). So lovely and peaceful and a few more "This Is Why" moments later and I was at Amberley Mount, holding the gate open for two loonies who could apparently breathe out of their arses and had just sprinted UP Amberley Mount! Then my front brake faded going down Amberley Mount and I was forced to walk down half of it, not very nice either! Soon enough I had made my way back round to Parham where I had a chat with another biker whilst riding along, unfortunately he was a lot fitter than me and trying to keep up the conversation and the pace nearly killed me!
A nice little ride today indeed... When I get a bit more warning I'll put a post up to here to show you guys around and hopefully a brief refreshment stop in either Amberley Tea Rooms or The Sportsman or both!!!

Attachments:
2012-11-11 14.31.10.jpg
2012-11-11 14.31.10.jpg [ 509.5 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
2012-11-11 14.30.42.jpg
2012-11-11 14.30.42.jpg [ 466.49 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
2012-11-11 14.30.29.jpg
2012-11-11 14.30.29.jpg [ 482.23 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
2012-11-11 14.04.10.jpg
2012-11-11 14.04.10.jpg [ 489.99 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
2012-11-11 14.04.19-1.jpg
2012-11-11 14.04.19-1.jpg [ 438.22 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: A nice little ride today...

Decided to bump this thread, as I think its a good thread and also because, it certainly wasn't a bad January day today (In Retrobike SE land) for some biking.

Or, breakfast, which this morning meant knocking the door down early at Steyning Tea Rooms and having Apple and Cinnamon sponge cake and custard.

I hope you all managed to get out for a bit today. 8)

Attachments:
IMAG0517a.jpg
IMAG0517a.jpg [ 129.79 KiB | Viewed 623 times ]

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:06 pm ]

Holy thread resurrection batman !!

yes good day, managed my first ride of the year, and already have done twice the distance I managed last year, good to be out.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:17 pm ]

Now that's my kinda breakfast ! 8)

Did a couple of hours on the road bike today , lots of people out , not many of them acknowledge you these days .

Is it me ? Or has the modern less-friendly public finally crept into our two - wheeled world ?

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:20 pm ]

I found most people out today quite friendly, perhaps it's not them .....

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:28 pm ]

Maybe I didn't help myself when I rode uphill past someone on a Cervelo time trial bike :lol:
But the rest didn't have any excuse .
Maybe it's just a road thing , maybe it's me :?

Author:  integerspin [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm ]

I rode up a road hill past a bloke and his bird out walking their expensive looking road bikes;-) It doesn't happen often.
I have probably only been out a couple of times since Christmas. Today was the best day for months[sun wise], lovely and sunny and it seemed to be lighter on the way home than last time I was out and a nice balmy 6ºC I am told. I am not to good at taking pic's, I need reading glasses to see the little writing on the camera, so it's pot luck what it's settings are. Anyway here's Leith hill from Denbies on Ranmore. I try and remember to take a pic the other way tomorrow afternoon, yes it's going to be nice, it is.

Attachments:
leith-19jan.jpg
leith-19jan.jpg [ 78.1 KiB | Viewed 661 times ]

Author:  shinobi [ Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 pm ]

Not sure why i am telling you this but 40 min bimble around East Preston with the missus :oops: did have to ride around a young guy on a private road and left him in my wake , when i say young his bike had steady wheels :lol:
Paul

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am ]

just about caught the last of the light yesterday and made it out for a couple of hours on the CX bike over the Downs.

Met a nice group of blokes who'd never seen one before so got chatting about that for a while and foolisly told them despite running low enough psi to have to be careful for dings on the rim that i never got pinch punctures. next hill down and round the corner cue pinch puncture. managed to get the tube in and out quick enough despite no tyre levers (thank god for house keys) but my f-in pump wouldn't put any more than f-all air in. managed to find a road soon enough to spin the rest of the ride back on.

knackered myself anyway, which was the point :)

ride:
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2174613

Rackham Hill:
Attachment:
Rackham Hill [web].jpg
Rackham Hill [web].jpg [ 146.45 KiB | Viewed 646 times ]

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:36 pm ]

I went for a bike ride this morning, which was a mistake!

That is all :)

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm ]

Went out for a spin on Saturday, on one of my local road loops, the gravel road sections were under water, but thanks to the full length mud guards I remained clean & dry

Author:  shinobi [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm ]

Managed a quick hour saturday , half road half light off road ( fire road type stuff)
wet muddy and i remember why i used to do this :D

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm ]

Did someone say mudguards ?

Wasn't aware such language was acceptable on this forum ! :evil:
You'll be telling me you had full gloves on next :roll:

Author:  benseddon [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:26 pm ]

I was out yesterday. It was a glorious day and a lovely rid3....until the heavens opened 6miles from home. Got absolutely soaked through........worth it though

Author:  fjpshaw [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm ]

Mike Muz 67 wrote:

Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 173.79 KiB | Viewed 576 times ]

:wink:

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:30 pm ]

I , too , had a nice little ride yesterday . Over Steyning Bostal through the mist , bought some tat , ate cake , rode back over Bostal without mist and home again to wash/oil bikes :wink:

Nice one buddy :lol: :lol:

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:26 pm ]

Mike Muz 67 wrote:

Drop Bars, single speed, gravel roads, track mits and shorts

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm ]

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Mike Muz 67 wrote:

Drop Bars, single speed, gravel roads, track mits and shorts

That's my boy , taught him everything I know , sweet F/A ! :lol: :lol:

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am ]

Mike, it wasn't even that much !

Author:  Mike Muz [ Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 pm ]

Ok I'll take away the sweet then :lol: :roll:

Author:  benseddon [ Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:01 pm ]

40k bashed out before lunch. Roads were nice and quiet but it was bloody freezing.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:33 pm ]

Did 1 3/4 hours on GarF ,
Attachment:
garf at home.jpg
garf at home.jpg [ 130.09 KiB | Viewed 671 times ]

along to Devils Dyke , SDW westbound , down to bramber around the back to Ditchling Beacon . Overtook someone on a carbon road bike going up it :lol: :lol:
Only had 15psi in my tyres too , after letting too much out for the small section of offroad riding . Nice day , after the unsettled weather of yesterday too 8)
Mike

Author:  al-onestare [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:10 pm ]

Decent but all too brief loop yesterday, found a couple of new paths to link a few bits together and cut out one section entirely. If I had more time I'd have messed around Selsdon more. Still very boggy in some parts, especially miles 4-6 and 12-13 but WAY better than at Christmas were I barely got out of the granny ring.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/501824793

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

That's it , I'm officially a duffer . :(

Got caught by two road racers on Ditchling Beacon this morning . Never been caught on that one . Did 1 3/4 hrs on the road bike . Been off this week , so I'd done three rides before today . One off road and three road , inc todays .
Hill count , 3 times up Beacon (inc. today) , Wilsons Ave , Albion Hill , and Kier Street , Lewes . So I had an excuse , and they only took about 100m out of me and had to stop at the top , whereas I carried on .

Mike

Author:  DA-EVO [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:30 pm ]

Well, the weather was kind today so I made my excuses and left the house, with the Mountain Goat, which, after MUCH fiddling and messing last night, was sort of in shape for a bike ride. For fashion critics, I will disclose that the tyres, seatpost and pedals were not exactly what we'd call period correct, but better that than leaving it gathering period correct dust.

So, a nice little ride with Mr Muz ensued, up via Chattri, onto the SDW, and over that to Telscombe, followed by a descent at Saltdean and down to the seafront. At Rottingdean, there is now a new cafe called Molly's which served nice cake and tea - it's not known if this establishment currently has the Anthony seal of approval, but no doubt the ink is drying on the entry form as we speak.

Aside from that, it was a great day, and as usual, it was interesting to see what bits and bobs the sea had washed up.

:D

Attachments:
IMAG0552.jpg
IMAG0552.jpg [ 484.1 KiB | Viewed 528 times ]

Author:  Mike Muz [ Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm ]

:shock:

WTF is that ? :lol: :lol:

Nice one mate , good to see your getting out on MoGo too . Now sort them ruddy brake levers out ! :facepalm:

Mike

Author:  Anthony [ Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

DA-EVO wrote:
At Rottingdean, there is now a new cafe called Molly's which served nice cake and tea - it's not known if this establishment currently has the Anthony seal of approval

Well now, we could have found out about that if you had only invited me along that day Dylan! That's quite a decent little ride, you must have had room for a nice piece of cake.

Another good tea shop is the Beanstalk, do you know that one? It's on the coach road to the east of Firle. It's the only tea shop I know that is inaccessible by car, and it's also the only one I know that offers free stabling for your horses while you take your tea! A very worthy establishment, deserving of support.

Author:  DA-EVO [ Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm ]

Anthony wrote:
DA-EVO wrote:
At Rottingdean, there is now a new cafe called Molly's which served nice cake and tea - it's not known if this establishment currently has the Anthony seal of approval

Well now, we could have found out about that if you had only invited me along that day Dylan! That's quite a decent little ride, you must have had room for a nice piece of cake.

Another good tea shop is the Beanstalk, do you know that one? It's on the coach road to the east of Firle. It's the only tea shop I know that is inaccessible by car, and it's also the only one I know that offers free stabling for your horses while you take your tea! A very worthy establishment, deserving of support.

Well, you have me there, I should have put it up on the board. :) In mitigation, we arranged to start early and only agreed it the previous eve, m'lud. And yes, it would have been good if you were there.

The route was here, for anyone interested: http://www.strava.com/activities/131474281
We could run it again sometime.

Anyhow, no, not tried the Beanstalk, though it will now be on the to do list, do try the new Rottingdean establishment as you may like it :)

Edited to add: I did mention this ride on Tues, here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=293412

Author:  al-onestare [ Tue May 06, 2014 3:10 pm ]

al-onestare wrote:
Decent but all too brief loop yesterday, found a couple of new paths to link a few bits together and cut out one section entirely. If I had more time I'd have messed around Selsdon more. Still very boggy in some parts, especially miles 4-6 and 12-13 but WAY better than at Christmas were I barely got out of the granny ring.

Here's the road version'ish, going in the same sort of direction. Was a great weekend for being out and about:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/557659149

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue May 06, 2014 4:02 pm ]

al-onestare wrote:
al-onestare wrote:

Here's the road version'ish, going in the same sort of direction. Was a great weekend for being out and about:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/557659149

Looks good, it was a good weekend for being out - managed some more sunburn !

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am ]

Met group at Storrington bike shop last night . Good turn out , 74 in all :shock:
I went in medium group , on my fabulous ferrous Fisher ! Not only the only steelie , one of only a few with 26" wheels . Nice easy ride , for me at least :wink:
Pretty dry too , unlike today :(

Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am ]

Where did you ride to Mike, how far? What's the group you went with ? Sounds like a regular thing.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu May 08, 2014 10:46 am ]

Dawn Treader wrote:
Where did you ride to Mike, how far? What's the group you went with ? Sounds like a regular thing.

Wet and windy morning to ya :wink:

It's a regular 'first Wednesday in the month ' ride from South Downs Bike shop

Went from the shop , up Chantry Lane , left along SDW , across A24 right , along bottom of hill , up to Cissbury/Chanctonbury track , right again to Cissbury , down across A24 at Findon Valley , straight across , up Bost hill for a few hundred metres , right , up to top of Salvington , right , across Long Furlong kept going north to SDW , left then back down Chantry Lane . To burgers and pi-- , er I mean lager (for some) , chocolate and flapjacks for me 8)

Mike

Author:  rosstheboss [ Thu May 08, 2014 11:05 am ]

Mike, they also have a curry after the ride quite often too, from the Cottage Tandoori just across the road, which is my favourite curry house of all time, just to let you know....

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 am ]

rosstheboss wrote:
Mike, they also have a curry after the ride quite often too, from the Cottage Tandoori just across the road, which is my favourite curry house of all time, just to let you know....

Hi Ross ,

Cheers for that . I am a veggie though so I tend to head straight for the cake ! :lol:

Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Thu May 08, 2014 1:12 pm ]

What a ride that was Mike. I didn't know that Chanctry Lane was there. It looks like once you get to the top of it and see the Bridleway sign, turn left then it goes up quite steeply from there according to the OS contour lines. You must be fit for that ride by the look and sound of it.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 pm ]

Dawn Treader wrote:
What a ride that was Mike. I didn't know that Chanctry Lane was there. It looks like once you get to the top of it and see the Bridleway sign, turn left then it goes up quite steeply from there according to the OS contour lines. You must be fit for that ride by the look and sound of it.

It's flat once you get to the bridleway . The last bit of the climb steepens though . Not much climbing TBH , just that road climb , drag up to cissbury/chanctonbury track . The hardest one was the last one that came out at the top of clapham woods . If you've got the map in front of you , check out the climb that ends just to the west of trees at Chanctonbury , heading south/east . Couldn't make that at the weekend , too steep/slippery :oops:
Mike

Author:  rosstheboss [ Thu May 08, 2014 1:47 pm ]

Mike Muz 67 wrote:
Dawn Treader wrote:

It's flat once you get to the bridleway . The last bit of the climb steepens though . Not much climbing TBH , just that road climb , drag up to cissbury/chanctonbury track . The hardest one was the last one that came out at the top of clapham woods . If you've got the map in front of you , check out the climb that ends just to the west of trees at Chanctonbury , heading south/east . Couldn't make that at the weekend , too steep/slippery :oops:
Mike

Even better - Carry on past Chantry Lane until you come to a crossroads (Water Lane on the left). Turn right into Sullington Lane and keep going! It's half on road and half off. Chantry Lane can be bloody dangerous for cyclists as it used a lot by dog walkers, doggers, farmers and the odd dope smoking boy racer and with all the blind corners and crests it can leave you very exposed to danger.... Sullington Lane only leads to a church (where I got married!) before going off road....

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 pm ]

Hi Ross ,

That is a lovely climb mate . Used to cycle home from work that way , when I worked in Water Lane and lived in Hove .
On one group ride , we came onto that Bridleway half way down , after a sketchy bit before from the west , where my front wheel stopped dead in a hole and I managed to step over the bike and walk :lol: :lol: It was a winter ride , so was dark . Hence me not seeing it with my dodgy Chinese lights :shock:

Mike

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon May 12, 2014 8:57 pm ]

An interesting ride today , around 1 3/4 hrs

Wanted a proper ride tonight , as I didn't manage one at the weekend .
From work (Shoreham harbour) , I rode along to Shoreham , up downs link to Steyning , to bottom of Steyning Bostal road , where I let some air outa my tyres . It was still sunny then 8)
Up the road climb half way , turned right at junction to a steepish little bridleway , then onto a flattish rooty bridleway at the top , one of my favourites .
Then onto the SDW when the sky turned black :facepalm: . Knowing a was going to get a soaking whichever way I went now , I just continued on the route I had planned anyway . Staight along SDW across top of Chanctonbury through the short hailstorm , slowly past the sheep that had escaped out of a field , then down the main hill to the car park . Turned left before road , to go along track that runs alongside the A24 on the east side , to the farm/stables .Where I told someone about the loose sheep . It was only raining at this point :lol:
Carried on along track , to end up on the Cissbury-Chanctonbury main drag . Then to Cissbury , down r/h side of it to take me through a narrow singletrack that took me around the back of some houses to come out opposite Bost Hill on the A24 .
Half way down this slope there is an option . Left takes you alongside a field , right takes you down a narrow singletrack , with two big trees that had fallen , making it impossible to carry on . Guess which one I took :oops: :facepalm: . Anyway they both meet , and take you down to the A24 .
Got home just as the Sun came out to rinse bike off and dry in the sun :roll:
Tried the newly bought Wellgo M3 pedals I got , shite they are too :evil: Can't trust them for bunny hops , and they're fiddly to get normal SPD cleats into . Maybe they have specific cleats :? But don't they look good (on my freshly cleaned bike)
Attachment:
after ride shot.jpg
after ride shot.jpg [ 323.29 KiB | Viewed 766 times ]

Sorry for wittering on , but I don't have Strava :lol: Maybe I'll have to do shorter rides :lol: :lol:

Mike :wink:

Author:  DA-EVO [ Mon May 12, 2014 10:30 pm ]

Today I had a bit of an annoying day on the bike, I suppose I was owed one as recently its all been going OK..

So, I got onto the seafront, went to Saltdean then over to telscombe, realising my gears weren't shifting that well. At that point, I noticed my seatpost had also slipped a bit.

Started on my way to Firle Beacon and got to the base of it, where the gears were more annoying and the seatpost had slipped again, so bailed and headed home. At Lewes, I tried to just tighten the seat bolt a little more when sure enough, it snapped. Thus, onto a train and back home, happily avoding the rain.

Day off tomorrow I think (weather not looking good) and then see what the rest of the week brings.

http://www.strava.com/activities/140264421

p.s. Velo Cafe evening road ride on Weds, 6.45 pm, bring lights and a fiver for some pasta afterwards. 20-25 miles if anyone is interested.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon May 12, 2014 10:48 pm ]

What a PITA :roll:

were you riding that old Goat again ?

Author:  DA-EVO [ Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 pm ]

Mike Muz 67 wrote:

Newer one.

Edit: Should have done the messing before leaving the house but it needs some sorting out before the next run (and a new seat bolt if anyone has a spare - its an in-frame one).

Author:  shinobi [ Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 am ]

DA-EVO wrote:
Mike Muz 67 wrote:

Newer one.

Edit: Should have done the messing before leaving the house but it needs some sorting out before the next run (and a new seat bolt if anyone has a spare - its an in-frame one).

Slipping seatpost syndrome is awful , my Fisher has a bit of a problem with that and it drives me mad .
what sort of bolt do you need ?
cheers Paul

Author:  Mike Muz [ Tue May 13, 2014 11:26 am ]

Hope it wasn't some old XT POS mate !

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Tue May 13, 2014 1:36 pm ]

THanks Mike and DA-EVo , nice to hear about those rides. No, you weren't wittering on Mike, it's interesting... :D

Author:  Mike Muz [ Wed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm ]

Evening all :wink:

Went out for 2 1/2hrs after work .

From harbour , rode up Boundary Rd , crossing was closed for a change :roll: , so I shouldered bike and went through the underpass , feeling smug :lol: :lol:
Up past Foredown Tower , over the A27 , and carried on north to Devils Dyke .
Attachment:
14th may 1.jpg
14th may 1.jpg [ 170.66 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Taken just before Dyke , best way to see Brighton , miles away from it :lol: :lol:
Down north side of Dyke ,
Attachment:
14th May 2.jpg
14th May 2.jpg [ 171.24 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
, tested my handling skills near the bottom , had to take a foot out and make my way carefully down the wet chalk gulley to the bottom , near the Royal Oak pub .
Turned left , then up the next bridleway back up . One I'd never tried before , opposite Wickhurst Barns , according to my O/S map . Started off badly ,
Attachment:
14th May  3.jpg
14th May 3.jpg [ 141.48 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
got worse,
Attachment:
14th May 4.jpg
14th May 4.jpg [ 206.84 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
,but once in the open was much better ,
Attachment:
14th May 5.jpg
14th May 5.jpg [ 155.32 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
, it did get very steep at the top , but made it , just . Continued along SDW , to Youth Hostel , turned right to take a piccy above Golding Barn MX circuit ,
Attachment:
14th May 6.jpg
14th May 6.jpg [ 209.87 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
, then down (thankfully drier) descent to just west of Tottington Manor . Down towards Beeding , turned right by old petrol station , up and over track to Beeding itself . Back along SDW , past pig farm , ok , whos been riding their fat bike up here ?
Attachment:
14th May 7.jpg
14th May 7.jpg [ 159.56 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]
After which I made my way back down to Worthing , for a well earned cuppa :wink:
Concluded that Gary Fisher grips don't :facepalm:
Attachment:
14th May 8.jpg
14th May 8.jpg [ 143.06 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Mike

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sat May 17, 2014 6:46 pm ]

Happy weekend !

Did a nice little 3 1/2hr ride today . Up into Angmering Park Estate , some of which was ok , some was churned up , and boggy .Thankfully there were a few small tracks around the worse bits , so managed to avoid some nasty stuff . Through Wepham and Burpham , then over to Wepham Down .
Went along a really bad bit of bridleway over to the SDW . Through two fields of rapeseed , slow going , bumpy and uphill .
Then over SDW and down to Storrington via an extremely technical downhill , where I had to stop several times to walk past :oops: . Down to South Downs Bikes for some spares . Then back up to SDW and down to cross Long Furlong and back home for a nice cuppa :wink:
Very pleasant ride , in lovely weather . Now feel pleasantly knackered :lol: :lol:
Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Sat May 17, 2014 10:47 pm ]

Sounds nice. And a very warm day for it as well.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sat May 17, 2014 10:52 pm ]

Hi DT,

Yes , it was one of those rides I didn't want to end . But my legs were starting to give out , having done three rides this week :lol: :lol:
Have you managed to get out ?

Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 pm ]

I did an 18 miler with Kampos Dave. THat's all i can manage at the moment. We rode mainly on national cycle route 88. It was really flat. We had a great ride through some nice old English countryside and farm areas.

Author:  al-onestare [ Mon May 19, 2014 5:01 pm ]

Top of gravel hill yesterday - whilst it was lovely and warm it was a bit hazy, still, well worth the stretch:

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 pm ]

al-onestare wrote:
Top of gravel hill yesterday - whilst it was lovely and warm it was a bit hazy, still, well worth the stretch:

Nice view , I'd like to know how you got inside the post box to take it though :lol: :lol:

What area is this ?

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:46 pm ]

Not that nice as it turned out , despite glorious weather .

Met at South Downs Bikes in Storrington for a ride with some other mtbers . On the ride up to there , felt an increasing amount of play under left shoe . Thinking it was a loose shoe plate , I carried on , 'til it got ridiculous . Stopped and had a look , and realized it was the 8mm crank bolt loosening itself . Not a problem I thought , 'til I remembered that I'd packed the Park tool allen key set , which goes up to 6mm . Usually I use another that goes to 8 , but I found the Park one first when I was packing . :facepalm:
Ended up using the 6mm and a garage key that wedged nicelyin the gap . Further on , I came off :oops: crossing tracks to avoid a puddle :lol: :lol: . Made it on time anyway . Here's a pic for evidence .
Attachment:
todays ride 1st June.jpg
todays ride 1st June.jpg [ 254.8 KiB | Viewed 876 times ]

I'm sure you can figure out which one was my bike .
Having tightened the crank bolt up at the shop , off I went with the 22 others up Chantry lane . 21 got to the top behind me 8) only to be beaten by a 17 y/o on an S WORKS :roll:
After which we rode for about 1 1/2hrs , stopping so I could do my bolt up with a borrowed multi tool :facepalm:
Tightened up again at the shop , and rode home on the road , hoping it would stay put this time . It did .
Cleaned out threads on return ,getting some threadlock tomorrow .

Mike

Author:  DA-EVO [ Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:53 pm ]

Nice to be back on a bike today after a week off it, unable to walk.

Did 50 miles which went from Brighton, via Telscombe, over the SDW to Jevington, across to Cuckmere Haven, then back along to Brighton. Slightly mis-calculating the timing on the return run as it was the end of the L2B and therefore the seafront was packed, should have gone a different way at the end.

Anyhow, hopefully, normal service resumed, back on the bike and a nice day.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:25 pm ]

Pleased to hear you're up to riding again mate . :wink:

Took parents out from Hove to the countryside for 11ses . There seemed to be an organised road ride heading north , as well as the L2B .
Several Surrey clubs were there , around 30-40 riders in total I reckon .
Where's me ruddy bike when I need one :roll:
Mike

Author:  DA-EVO [ Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:43 pm ]

Nice little 1st ride of the year today, met up with Mr Muz and we visited a small number of tea rooms and did about 50 miles (I probably did a few less). Largely the roads were quiet and although it was a bit overcast it was a nice way to start the New Year.

so, I think he'd agree it was nice to be BACON his bike..

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:25 pm ]

DA-EVO wrote:
Nice little 1st ride of the year today, met up with Mr Muz and we visited a small number of tea rooms and did about 50 miles (I probably did a few less). Largely the roads were quiet and although it was a bit overcast it was a nice way to start the New Year.

so, I think he'd agree it was nice to be BACON his bike..

:lol: :lol:

Nice to see Mr Evo sporting a sleek, new look. Well, haircut anyway :wink:

Author:  godders [ Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 am ]

Sounds like a good day out 8) stick a post up if you plan another road trip qnd i will try and join you :wink:
Oh and happy new year :D
Mick

Author:  Mike Muz [ Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:20 pm ]

Happy New Year Mick :wink:

We only arranged this one the evening before. See you on Sunday mate

Mike

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:12 pm ]

First ride for bloody ages (months!) today in the lovely sunshine. Normal Patching loop and now have a gooch that you could fry an egg on.

Is this why?

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:16 pm ]

Did you go through Clapham woods?

Mike

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:26 pm ]

No, I go up from Goring over Highdown, up through Patching, hang a left along the Monarchs Way, do another left go downhill for miles and end up at the top of Hammerpot/Angmering, then head back past the pubs and loop back over Highdown. It's about 13ish miles

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:38 pm ]

Sounds good, we'll have to arrange a group ride soon I think mate :wink:

Mike

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:44 pm ]

It's a bit quiet in here isn't it!

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm ]

Yes, still we had a good turn out last time ,

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=314672

:facepalm:

Mike

Author:  Piperdave [ Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:45 pm ]

Had a nice first ride of the season on Sunday. Only 10 miles, but it nearly killed me, must get out more.....

Route here
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/4411168

Offington Manor stable entrance

Looking over to Highdown from Honeysuckle Lane

Looking North over Long Furlong

Clapham Woods

Heading South at Patcham

East at Highdown

Felt a bit like this when i finished........

Nice to be out on a sunny day.

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 pm ]

Looks like a nice ride that one. It's amazing the amount of untapped Bridleways and paths around here. Nice pctures too, thanks for sharing them.

Author:  Piperdave [ Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:43 pm ]

Dawn Treader wrote:
Looks like a nice ride that one. It's amazing the amount of untapped Bridleways and paths around here. Nice pctures too, thanks for sharing them.

Always fun to share a ride. Was quite wheezy and out of puff :oops: , and the legs knew they hadn't been out for a while. :facepalm:

Author:  al-onestare [ Mon May 11, 2015 8:44 am ]

Explored east of Chislehurst yesterday. It's pretty flat but there were a few decent'ish trails. Plenty more to explore over in Bexley Heath - whoever lives over there and knows the trails, I'd appreciate some hints if that's ok :)

Over at Foots Cray Meadows:

Up in Joyden's Wood (small but had it all to myself):

Ton's of dead ends and double backs hence the rather low average speed!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/979135297

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon May 25, 2015 5:28 am ]

why are some people so sh1t?

Riding along Worthing promenade on saturday, as is my right and some old boy (and i do mean old) shouted "dick" at me and pointed at the road.

I still managed to have a nice ride though

Author:  godders [ Mon May 25, 2015 10:11 am ]

Did he know you Max ? :wink: hope all going well with you and yours :D
We must all catch up soon ! even just a quick bimble would be great 8)
Mick

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 am ]

Har Har Mick. I nearly turned round and explained that as it was a shared use path all his shouting and swearing at me made him look like a c*nt. I made do with a v sign and "f you" to maintain my rhythm ;)

We're getting there, she's a right little tinker and into everything with a case of FoMO syndrome - fear of missing out!

Completely agree. Feel like I've got my legs back a little bit now, would love to show you that Eartham loop on a sunny morning

Author:  DA-EVO [ Tue May 26, 2015 11:01 am ]

BobCatMax wrote:
...Completely agree. Feel like I've got my legs back a little bit now, would love to show you that Eartham loop on a sunny morning

C'mon, don't be shy, A little instagram told us you did a 90 mile loop on a retro based bike recently ;)

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 am ]

:P

Author:  al-onestare [ Tue May 26, 2015 11:48 am ]

Sunday's explorations. Result? Joyden's wood is EXCELLENT (for the suburb's at least). Big, twisty, good mixture of terrain. The downside are a few too many dog-walkers and horses but hey, it's a suburbs. I got lost a few times hence the very low average.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/998409305

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 pm ]

So, after yesterday's aborted ride, owing to a canti trying to escape the bike, I tried again today!
:shock:
Thankfully, the straddle wire had other ideas, all that was tethering it to the bike :facepalm:
Brake fixed with a spare spring I found in my bag 'o stuff, and we're off today!

Up through Castle Goring and into Clapham woods we go,

Along the Monarchs Way, heading west and into Angmering Park Estate,

Just after this shot, I got a puncture :facepalm: but to be fair, it was nice weather to be mending one, and in pleasant surroundings, too.

Through Wepham Down, to The Burgh, then up the other side heading towards the SDW by Downs Farm. A piccy from where I'd just come from,

Turning right, before reaching the SDW, up a long drag. To this gate.

Then onto the main drag across the top of Kithurst Hill and Chantry Lane, dropping down to just before the A27. Turning right onto a nice piece of track

that takes me past a private school, up a concrete road, and up to the main track down across the Furlong, and home, in time for lunch, at 4.15! A very pleasant 2 1/2 hrs in all, Champion!:wink:

Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 pm ]

Excellent, thanks for sharing that. I especially like the view of your bike high above that farm in the distance. Have you got this route on a GPS site where someone can view the route ? As I think I knew where you went but not sure.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 pm ]

Dawn Treader wrote:
Excellent, thanks for sharing that. I especially like the view of your bike high above that farm in the distance. Have you got this route on a GPS site where someone can view the route ? As I think I knew where you went but not sure.

Hi DT :wink:

I don't do GPS , or Strava for that matter, well II am a retrohead after all :lol: :lol:

It's taken looking north east, over Michelgrove
I would put up more of my rides up here, but it would seem a bit egotistical, and that's not me at all

Mike

Author:  BobCatMax [ Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:51 am ]

I feel like an armchair cyclist at the moment Mike, allow me to cycle vicariously through you.. :lol:

Author:  Mike Muz [ Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am ]

BobCatMax wrote:
I feel like an armchair cyclist at the moment Mike, allow me to cycle vicariously through you.. :lol:

Would it make my eyes water?
Legs were a bit stiff on Monday's commute, I have to admit. Ok now though. Got a road ride planned for the weekend too. Longish one to try out that Bianchi properly. Culminating in a slog up Ditchling Beacon.
Hopefully past some modern tat, but not guaranteed

Mike

Author:  BobCatMax [ Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:28 am ]

Heh, how you choose to ride is up to you Mike!

Author:  Mike Muz [ Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 am ]

With panache, obviously :roll:

Author:  al-onestare [ Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am ]

Another 23 around the 'burbs. After the holidays I reckon it's time for the annual jaunt to Swinley.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/1038765635

Author:  SINISTERKID [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:31 am ]

@Purley where on earth is the downhill sections in oxleas? I live on Eaglesfield and havent been aware of any decent rides in oxleas. Been curious for ages

Author:  PurleySquire [ Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:21 am ]

SINISTERKID if your question was for me; I don't recall much downhill in Oxleas woods, just lots of relatively easy cross country. I think there was additional riding terrain the other side of Shooters Hill along bridle paths and tracks by a nursery (plants). Nothing exceptional, but still good considering the area is somewhat suburban in nature.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am ]

My ride, today,

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=303296&start=820

What have you 'orrible lot been up to! :lol:

Mike

Author:  godders [ Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:22 pm ]

Nice write up mike :) not seen that one before...loving the colour 8) hopefully see you out sometime :wink:

Mick

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:25 pm ]

godders wrote:
Nice write up mike :) not seen that one before...loving the colour 8) hopefully see you out sometime :wink:

Mick

Hi Mick :wink:

Here's another one for you

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=303296&start=840

Was a last minute decision to go out, but we can organize something before Christmas I'm sure mate :wink:

Mike

Author:  Mike Muz [ Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:30 pm ]

A road ride today, but I'll post it anyway. No pictures owing to the shame! :lol: :lol: :oops:

Mike's threes peaks ride :shock:

It didn't seem that windy today, so I thought I'd have a trundle out, as I missed my opportunity yesterday :roll:
So, out with the Bianchi,

So, along the A27 I went, then half way along the Steyning bypass I turned north, past Sompting church, down the dip then up the long drag to the top of the Steyning Bostal road. Bit windy up there. Down t' other side, nearly getting swiped off the road by a big gust of crosswind :shock: and down into Steyning. At the bottom I headed east, through Upper Beeding/Bramber, past Goldinng Barn, and then turning right to go along the country lane behind the downs.
Through Edburton, Fulking and Poynings, and seemingly leaning over into the wind to stay upright. The wind was picking up. Still. :facepalm:
Then I went over the A23 to Pyecombe, over Clayton hill and right along underhill lane that comes out at the bottom of Ditchling Beacon.
Riding up here proved to be the most pleasureable part of the ride - I don't say that lightly ! - as I was out of the wind. Until I got to the top! Bloody Hell! :shock: :shock:
It was grimmer than a grim day in Grimsby with no cafes open.
With no nice way back via Brighton area, I decided to re-trace my route but for a couple of deviations. So, back up Steyning Bostal, with the crosswind from hell! Followed by . . . . absolutely no respite at the top! Headwind all the way back down to Sompting, I was pedalling all the way, and didn't reach the dizzy heights of 20mph! :roll: FFS!

I've never been more pleased to see the A27 again :lol: and shelter from riding through the traffic that had kindly built up to help keep me out of the wind!

So with a 2 1/2 hour ride, at an average of 16mph :oops: :facepalm: I end the year with my slowest road ride of 2015 !

Only saw a couple more riders out, strangely enough :?

I won't be out tomorrow, even if it stops raining. It's my birthday after all. I'm officially fcukin' old! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and the bike is clean again too ! :xmas-cool:

Mike

Author:  tim75 [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 pm ]

Ok, it wasn't today it was last week and there's not much retro about it but thought I'd post up some pics anyway.

Didn't have any work on due to the snow so went out for a ride instead. Similar route to one of the rides we did in the summer. Not many people out, only saw one other rider and a few walkers.

Attachments:
IMG_20180302_102459620_HDR.JPG
IMG_20180302_102459620_HDR.JPG [ 220.04 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]
IMG_20180302_111257872.JPG
IMG_20180302_111257872.JPG [ 123.1 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]
IMG_20180302_112707642.JPG
IMG_20180302_112707642.JPG [ 85.48 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]

Author:  tim75 [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:32 pm ]

On the way home,

Attachments:
IMG_20180302_113552465.JPG
IMG_20180302_113552465.JPG [ 131.24 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]
IMG_20180302_115210797.JPG
IMG_20180302_115210797.JPG [ 119.39 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]
IMG_20180302_121129287.JPG
IMG_20180302_121129287.JPG [ 170.21 KiB | Viewed 2724 times ]

Author:  Mike Muz [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:00 pm ]

Ace!

Great photos Tim!

Mike

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm ]

Thanks for the pictures. I really liked them.

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:35 am ]

Well, this is a south east section, and I guess Belgium is south east

So here's a few photos of a race I went to last weekend. Did the heat but regrettably didn't make it to the final of the European single speed cx champs. Was great riding in sand though.

Enjoy,

Outside the Hotel in De Panne we stayed in

ImageIMG_20180302_172534[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20180302_172908[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Nice white start to the day!

ImageIMG_20180303_090554[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Can you see me? :lol:

ImageIMG_20180303_095116[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

After race, already you can see the snow was starting to melt

ImageIMG_20180303_111226[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

There were some lovely - if not retro - bikes there, too!

ImageIMG_20180303_120241[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Yes a Klein. Being raced. In snow! CRAAAAAAZY Belgians! :lol:

ImageIMG_20180303_120255[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20180303_121657[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Someone had given up on their headshock!

ImageIMG_20180303_121802[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

And the loveliest bike there I think, this Rock Lobster 8)

ImageIMG_20180303_121840[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Author:  Retro Spud [ Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 am ]

Mike you need a Netto helmet to go with those stripes....

Great pics BTW

Author:  Mike Muz [ Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:54 am ]

Cheers KK

I did try to zebra stripe the helmet - make up your own jokes - but it wasn't very effective

FD

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 pm ]

Nice photos. Sorry you didn't make it to the race proper.

Author:  tim75 [ Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:31 pm ]

Dawn Treader wrote:
Thanks for the pictures. I really liked them.

Glad you liked them!

Nice photos Mike, awesome outfit!

Author:  godders [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 pm ]

Hope you enjoyed the weekend in the sand Mike ☺ have to say I'm a bit disappointed in all the "official" pictures...seem as though they have captured the same 10 riders in about 400 picks ! What was the event like from your point of view Mike ?

Mick ☺

Author:  Mike Muz [ Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:08 pm ]

godders wrote:
Hope you enjoyed the weekend in the sand Mike ☺ have to say I'm a bit disappointed in all the "official" pictures...seem as though they have captured the same 10 riders in about 400 picks ! What was the event like from your point of view Mike ?

Mick ☺

Badly organized!

Author:  tim75 [ Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:50 pm ]

A bit of a misty and murky one.

Attachments:
IMG_20181230_102827921.JPG
IMG_20181230_102827921.JPG [ 110.83 KiB | Viewed 2231 times ]
IMG_20181230_102839293.JPG
IMG_20181230_102839293.JPG [ 160.26 KiB | Viewed 2231 times ]
IMG_20181230_103429646.JPG
IMG_20181230_103429646.JPG [ 94.83 KiB | Viewed 2231 times ]
IMG_20181230_105207160.JPG
IMG_20181230_105207160.JPG [ 200.93 KiB | Viewed 2231 times ]
IMG_20181230_105302098.JPG
IMG_20181230_105302098.JPG [ 181.83 KiB | Viewed 2231 times ]

Author:  godders [ Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm ]

Sure i recognize aome of those trails ? ;)

Catch up soon Tim :)

Mick

Author:  tim75 [ Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 pm ]

Hi Mick, yeah I think we've ridden through there a couple of times.

Author:  tim75 [ Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 am ]

Had a bit of a dodgy back lately so done far more bike building than riding. First ride here on a newly built machine.

Attachments:
IMG_20190217_114206197.JPG
IMG_20190217_114206197.JPG [ 181.16 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]
IMG_20190217_114052439.JPG
IMG_20190217_114052439.JPG [ 188.15 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]
IMG_20190217_114953693.JPG
IMG_20190217_114953693.JPG [ 181.69 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]
IMG_20190217_121037802.JPG
IMG_20190217_121037802.JPG [ 116.43 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]
IMG_20190217_114130998.JPG
IMG_20190217_114130998.JPG [ 182.97 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]

Author:  godders [ Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm ]

Hi Tim, looks good :) is it a proper Klein or a Trek one ;) lol ace weather as well :) catch up soon and hope the back improves quickly!!

Author:  tim75 [ Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm ]

It's a trek one unfortunately but it's still an upgrade for me as most of my retrobikes are from the tip!

Author:  godders [ Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 pm ]

Ha ha ....then its a good one when you look at it like that :) enjoy :)

Mick

Author:  tim75 [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:02 pm ]

Another newly built bike on it's first proper ride.

Attachments:
IMG_20190224_135844927.JPG
IMG_20190224_135844927.JPG [ 192.25 KiB | Viewed 2265 times ]
IMG_20190224_135821377.JPG
IMG_20190224_135821377.JPG [ 149.37 KiB | Viewed 2265 times ]
IMG_20190224_143426590.JPG
IMG_20190224_143426590.JPG [ 176.19 KiB | Viewed 2265 times ]
IMG_20190224_144519950.JPG
IMG_20190224_144519950.JPG [ 138.01 KiB | Viewed 2265 times ]
IMG_20190224_150543484.JPG
IMG_20190224_150543484.JPG [ 170.56 KiB | Viewed 2265 times ]

Author:  godders [ Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:14 pm ]

Looks good Tim :) hows it ride ? Must be a good weight as well !

Mick

Author:  tim75 [ Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:18 pm ]

godders wrote:

Mick

Went really well, I think I almost prefer it to the Klein!

Author:  godders [ Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:28 pm ]

tim75 wrote:
godders wrote:

Mick

Went really well, I think I almost prefer it to the Klein!

Probably say alot about Klein's ;)

Author:  tim75 [ Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:42 pm ]

Bit rainy and very windy but had a nice ride at the weekend. Sorry about the modern bike.

Attachments:
IMG_20190310_111259546_HDR.JPG
IMG_20190310_111259546_HDR.JPG [ 212.34 KiB | Viewed 1908 times ]
IMG_20190310_111741914.JPG
IMG_20190310_111741914.JPG [ 155.44 KiB | Viewed 1908 times ]
IMG_20190310_111728588_HDR.JPG
IMG_20190310_111728588_HDR.JPG [ 180.77 KiB | Viewed 1908 times ]

Author:  godders [ Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:34 pm ]

Is that one of those new "plastic" bikes ? ;) looks like a modern version of the Cannondale :)

Author:  tim75 [ Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm ]

Yes it is, never had anything plastic before so just had to try it, goes really well.