19" Orange P7 RS parts needed please

Skoogs

Retro Newbie
Hello

I am in need of some parts for a 97 Orange P7. If anyone out there in Retrobike land has, and wishes to sell, any of the following please let me know;

- The original Rock Shox forks for that model (or, does anyone know a place where i can get them reconditioned as they have collapsed and seized!)
- Rigid F7 forks
- SK8 stem
- seat, seat post and shim
- Trigger style shifters to replace the existing twisty type
- decent headset

I am a bit of a newb when it comes to these bikes so any help or advice on alternative parts etc would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :D

Attachments

• P7 RS.jpg
    P7 RS.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 882
nthornton1979":21ipzalc said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320408605234&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Try here mate :)

Neil

Thanks Neil. I have been in touch with this ebayer and we both think that the steerer would be too short for a 19" frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Skoog, just measure yours now and find out.

Cannot quite tell if you are aheadset or threaded, i'll assume ahead but measure from the bottom of your headset/top of forks to the top of the stem.
You'll need something around there.

FluffyChicken":3mn7ppqj said:
Skoog, just measure yours now and find out.

Cannot quite tell if you are aheadset or threaded, i'll assume ahead but measure from the bottom of your headset/top of forks to the top of the stem.
You'll need something around there.

Will do Chicken. Thanks.

Err, forgive my ignorance, but waht is the significance of the forks being threaded or not?

(Told you I was a newb)

edit: actually, good explanation here --> http://www.webmountainbike.com/headset1.html
edit2: and here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headset_(bicycle_part)

Skoogs":395lcew9 said:
- The original Rock Shox forks for that model (or, does anyone know a place where i can get them reconditioned as they have collapsed and seized!)
They look like Quadras, they are elastomers IIRC, could you not source replacements? Maybe someone on here has them.
Skoogs":395lcew9 said:
- Trigger style shifters to replace the existing twisty type
It looks like you have the Shimano STX groupset on there, so I would suggest looking for the matching shifters, would be a nice compliment to what you already have. I don't have anything to sell you but I reckon you should pick your replacement parts carefully as the bike looks well looked after so complimentary parts rather than any old parts should be used i think. Good luck, and that is a very nice bike, I always liked the P7.

development_cycle":2bwdzkkk said:
Skoogs":2bwdzkkk said:
They look like Quadras, they are elastomers IIRC, could you not source replacements? Maybe someone on here has them.
Would concur with DC the sear arrangement definately kooks like Quadra - the stanchion gaiters (hence water getting in and siezeing them up) should be a cheap pair on here somewhere or put up a wanted.also the bit about fork size and threaded of not determines which headset you would need. Hope this helps a bit :LOL:

Back