Cheap wheels, pair off.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm building a commuter up using my old Avalanche frame and some Fly guy forks for that chunky polished Aluminium look. I need some cheap all silver wheels. Its only going to be used on my local 40 mile cycle route loop for a bit of fitness work, so anything will do even if you wouldn't trust them off road :D Thanks. PS Cheaper the better as 'I'm not building another bike' as far as she knows at the moment ;)

Hi Grannygrinder
Can you make it over to Central Cardiff to have a look at some wheels.
I have three sets of wheels at the moment

1. Front....silver Spesh hub, silver spokes, silver mavic (221?)
Rear....black LX (I think), silver spokes, silver mavic.
Hub bearings are great but the rims are well used and front is off straight...could throw in some 2nd hand but great 221 rims if you could rebuild them....would make a great wheelset. £30 wheels + £10 for rims?

2. Front...black spesh hub, black spokes (radial) silver mavic rim
Rear ...black LX (I think) black spokes, silver mavic
Rims great...minor wear to braking surface...rear hub bearing good....front rough...needs new cartridge bearings I guess.
£30

3. Too expensive :LOL:

I really can't be arsed with postage on these...have too much to do at the moment.

Cheers, Carl

If you can get over to Bristol I have a pair you can have for £30.00 - the rear is nothing special, the front is an XT hub with a reasonable rim

How cheap do you want to go!!!!!

I have a pair of wheels...

Araya rims on Joytech hubs!

Can post if need be!

i have an ofmega hub on an alesa rim. if you come to bristol, you can have it FREE!

oh and an STXRC 8 speed on a ritchey OCR comp rim, with a usable 8sp cassette. that one you can pick up for 20 quid...

Designer1 ygpm. Ideally I would like a pair of those rigida deep section narrow jobbies. Something narrow to take my 25mm Conti grand prix slicks :D

Latest posts

Back