Specialized catalogue, or scans.

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

I would really apprecite some pictures of Speciazed Rockhopper and Stumpjumper from the very late 1980's or early 1990's.

Specifically the 2 tone color schemes.

I would like catalogues, and would be willing to pay for them. I will also cover costs for good color photocopies.

I have had a look at the gallery and found the 1990 catalogue, so I think the one I want is 1989.

Cheers. :D

Brochures

Hi Sticklegs
I have a copy of the 92 brochure, so I can scan you whatever you need. Its hard to get a whole page as its the big catalogue like a newspaper. I have quite a few specialized brochures but really they start from around 92. I have a few scans of 90/91 and again I can send through what you would like.
I have been looking for earlier ones myself, especially the 88/89 model years as I have my 88 Stumpy in the two tone red/white, they seem really hard to find. I have a few scans of mag tests/pics I can send but I think these are commonly found online.
Let me know if I can copy anything and also if you find an 88 then I could do with a copy/scan.
Also, what colour scheme exactly are you after? as that will tell the year.
Cheers
Jamie

The reason is I have picked up a Rockhopper frame and am thinking of building it up. Before I do it will need repainting. I always fancied the 2 tone color schemes when I was younger but cannot remember them exactly. Also the frame I have (I think it is a 1991 Rockhopper Comp) has canti bosses all round. Do the 2 tone frames have a u brake?

If I cannot do the 2 tone thing because of a lack of printed material to work from, or because of the U brake thing then it will stau original in red with yellow graphics.

I will let you know what I can find out.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Rockhopper.jpg
    Rockhopper.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 435
Specialized

Hi mate
The two tones are easy enough to paint as the paint is a straight line where it joins, the complicated bit would be reproducing the decal as thats what makes it look fancy.
Heres a pic of my 88 and the blue you can see where it goes from red to white is actually part of a wrap around decal.
IMG_0932.jpg

As for the U brake, the 88 model had a U brake but as far as I know the 89 model had a canti brake with associated cable guides.
I will dig through some cats later this afternoon once I am back from work and see what I can find.
Jamie

Back