PACE RC-50 REAR HUB

Superdazz

Retro Newbie
Wanted pace rc-50 rear hub about 140mm if they did one, not sure
Also original axels for both front and rear q/r or fixed

You'll not be likely to find a 140mm rear hub as they were only in 135mm. 140mm was the preserve of a couple of American frame builders in the main. You could have new axle ends machined if you ever found a rear hub though.

You don't mention what front hub you need an axle for as there were a number of RC50 hubs: the early one that matches the rear hub through to the Carbon shelled ones. There were also suspension hubs with oval axles to add to the confusion.

Here's a rear:

P1000908_zps509ce251.jpg

They were screw on freewheel compatible so 7 speed only as the clearance for 8 speed was very limited. Not shimano cassette compatible.

Here's a first gen RC50:
file.php

And a few later ones:
Vintage-Pace-RC-50-carbon-front-hub-32h-100mm-_1.jpg

172500347556_1.jpg

Oval axle end:
spins035.jpg

Re:

Yea my front is a carbon suspension hub
Oval axel, I need an axel for it,
I was told I needed a 140mm rear to fit my orange elite?
I've not even seen a picture of a rear

Re:

Ah, so you need a skewer rather than an axle. Any standard quick release skewer will work with it, likewise the rear. There was no original quick release skewer for that hub, just pick anyone you like!

As far as the rear the standard was to mix the Pace hub at the front with a shimano rear hub so you could use hyperglide cassette. Your Orange is a 135mm rear end so any shimano hub from 1990 onwards will work, and as with the front any standard rear quick release will work (my favourite are Salsa skewers)

Hope all this helps

Re:

Cheers for that, I'm a bit rusty last had my hands on one of these beauty's was in 1990 at 14 yo
I'll probably go with my XTR rear then unless something exotic comes up or an old school pace racing hub I think they did them in black or silver or a mix.

Back