1980's tyres - SORTED

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Looking for a good* pair of tyres for the Mountain Klein. I've got Timbuk II's on the 'dale and Smokes on the Funk but I'd like something else. Here's a edited list from MOMBAT ('87-'89);

Fisher FatTrax
IRC Blizzard, Duromax, Racer X-1, Trail Winner and X-1
Panaracer Ibex, Ibex II, Timbuk II, FatTrax
Ritchey Duro, Force, Mega Bite Hard Drive/Over Drive, Quad
Specialized Crossroads II, Ground Control/S, Hardpack, Tri-Cross
Tioga Farmer John/Cousin

So what have you got? FatTrax would be perfect as these would go on the 'dale and the Timbuk II's would go on the Klein.

*good/very good/NOS...

Re:

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I've was offered a pair of Ritchey Quad Mods and although they're very nice they're too young (circa '93) for my project.

There's a single Ritchey Force on eBay as well but what are my chances of finding another within a reasonable time frame? It could be many many months before another turned up...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Antstark":1kaq2ir4 said:
Think they are actually 26" bmx tyres. I have some if you get stuck mate.

Thanks, you've had that Funk for nearly four years now and I've yet to see a build thread... I think you should move it on :LOL:

Re:

Any idea why the for sale bit on the MOMBAT website isn't working? I wanted to check the prices of Timbuk II's but it's like the page isn't there. I'm guessing it's to do with Jeff no longer being with us?

Re:

Seems they moved a lot of stuff around. All the mountain goat stuff seems to have gone too. Last time I went on there it said the prices on the Timbuks had gone up !! as the molds had been retired. ...not sure what that means but guess they won't be making any more

Re:

You're right, the webshop functionality seems gone.
You can try to get in contact via wes at firstflightbikes dot com.
Last time I've bought some stuff via him/her.

Latest posts

Back