1 1/8 crown for mcmahon shaka fork

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Recently acquired the fork but the build I'd like to run them on has a 1 1/8 steerer and the forks I have are 1 inch and the steerer is not shimmed like sone pace forks.

Options available to me are limited to a frame reducer to allow a 1 inch headset or a Chris king devolution headset.

If I can I'd prefer to run a 1 1/8 steerer keeping everything 'normal'. Anyone got a 1 1/8 crown kicking about they want to part with or swap for a 1 inch version? Any alternative crowns out there I could consider?

I've found a shock tech crown that might work. Any if the pace crowns you have 1 1/4?

Re:

Only a buggered one, the other 2 are for 1 1/8 with no shim required. I'm needing a 1" crown if you hear about one ;)

Re:

One of the bolts that clamps the crown to the steerer has been drilled out and only one works

got one, but the crowns for 1 1/8 only. the 35's were dedicated crowns unless it was for a 1 1/4 then the shim works. bloody pace, one size fits all................sometimes lol

Really? I've had crowns shimmed from 1 1/8 to 1 inch. May even have a shim kicking about as I have a few pace fork spares (though couldn't find them this morning, they must be buried deep).

Back