Wanted: Independent Fabrications.

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
On the lookout for an Indy Fab steel or Ti deluxe, 18" would do just dandy.
Watchagot or do you know of one?

Also required: Bucketful of hen's teeth.

Cheersmedears
Steve

while we've got this theme on the go, i'm looking for "just" an IF rigid fork.
disc tabs/sus corrected. or am i goner have to draw deep breath and place my order through sideways, (typing at same time as looking for small change down back of sofa!!)

after my fork purchase, for a merlin. the next bike along really thinking about a new IF steel deluxe, with custom paint option, and really tempted to go for grello frame & fork with canti studs. i'm really after a Yo-Ed, how else can i get one. Q. would this wrong? thoughts.

I s'pose the Yo Eddy begot the Deluxe. Same bunch of dudes make the IF's so no, I don't think it's wrong. But why not look out for the genuine article?
:D

Someone was selling a ss deluxe steel on STW awhile back. Wanted £700 frame and forks. Mailed me back saying he'd accept £600. I actually saw sense and declined as my ss is my winter hack.

Surely get a Yo eddy if it hasnt got disk tabs? Or am I missing something? 1 1/8th headtube perhaps but um...?

Are these better rider's than the old Yo?

Can't really comment on the ride quality of IF's as I've never ridden one. Doesn't stop me wanting one though. I've heard nothing but praise for them.

I've already got a 91 Yo Eddy and a 90 Wicked.

Difference? As far as I can tell they have a different slope to the TT so your bars/levers don't scar it up when or if they clang into it. The geometry doesn't look a whole lot different. The same craftmanship goes into the building of the IF frames as it did in Fat City Cycles.

ti-fat-man":gv6yis39 said:
after my fork purchase, for a merlin. the next bike along really thinking about a new IF steel deluxe, with custom paint option, and really tempted to go for grello frame & fork with canti studs. i'm really after a Yo-Ed, how else can i get one. Q. would this wrong? thoughts.

If I decided for an IF I would try to give it its own identity and not creating sort of a wannabe FAT. Honestly I think IF itself already adopted quite a lot of the funny style FAT was known for - you can see this by comparing various brochures for example.

IF pros:
- allows more travel (if you like)
- more freedom in suspension choice, as 1-1/8 (if you need)
- allows discs more easily (if you want)

FAT pros:
- it is the icon
- depreciation???

@stevek
I do not have the problem of bar hitting toptube. A lot has to do with what bar, what stem, how many spacers etc.

I do not have the problem of bar hitting toptube. A lot has to do with what bar, what stem, how many spacers etc

And steerer tube length! ;)

Unfortunately for me, my steerer's already been cut so that there isn't enough room for any stackers. Also got a 10 deg rise stem and riser bars fitted.

Since it's a big 1" fork I doubt if I'll be changing to any other fork just to get a longer steerer, my hard luck eh? Unless you know of a big 1" with a long steerer going cheap!! ;)

Latest posts

Back