Singlespeed

knobby

Retro Guru
I fancy giving singlespeeding a try. Anyone got a 16" frame example they'd like to sell? Doesn't have to be particularly retro, as long as it's not aluminium or hi-tensile!

Ken

Single Speed

Hi Knobby,

I have a 16" steel frame with rigid forks that I was about to convert into a single speed. Would consider selling the frame as it is if interested. It happens to be retro too!

d_c

Thanks for the offer, dc, but I already have a Kona Firemountain frame which I may convert myself. Just being lazy really and wanted to see if I could pick a bike that someone else has built and debugged!

the youth of today,want everything done for them!

Ive thought about not only letting someone else build the bikes for me but ride them as well!!!!!

Sure you dont want alloy, Got a fantastic cannondale 16.5 sm900 red shred going begging.

Pm me,Al

i've got a complete conversion kit if you want to make a go of a former geared bike. it's a lot cheaper to ship from the USA too!

spot brand spacer kit...a series of spacers to take up all the extra space on the cassette. various thicknesses make dialing in the chainline easy.

several cogs...16t king alloy cog (essentially new), 17t endless alloy cog (used, perfectly serviceable), 20t steel surly (essentially new)

rennen tensioner...bolt-on, rock solid. never a problem with chain drops. push-up or push-down. used, perfectly serviceable. replacement bearings included.

PM if interested.

Back