Marin white industries crank question

marinertrev

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Does anybody know what size of bottom bracket should be used when fitting a white industries crank from a 1996 Marin Indian fire trail to a Cannondale 1992 delta V 900. The Delta V has currently got a 68mm x 123mm fitted. I cannot set up the front mech as it does not reach the top chainring. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mariner trev

Trev measure from the centre of the seat tube to the middle ring, this should be around 48-50mm. If its not(which it sounds like it isn't) subtract double the difference from the required bottom bracket. Soo lets say its 56mm, you need a bottom bracket with a 12mm shorter axle.

Bullpup - between the large chainring and chainstay i've got about 19.5mm.

Robmac - Fed the bottom bracket in from the chainset side.

Kaiser - I measure 55mm from the centre of the seat tube to the middle chain ring. So working on your method I need a bottom bracket with a 10mm shorter axle length.

I've seen this bottom bracket on SJS cycles http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-un54 ... prod12986/

What do you guys think. I was going to go for the 113mm axle length.

Have the same cranks on my Zaskar, using a 113mm axle but would probably get away with a 110mm.

Generaly axles over 120mm are used with non LP (low profile) cranks, being 92 your Dale would have had non LP's originaly.

Can't go wrong with a UN54. Not particularly light but good value and will last.

Back